• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greenhorn to site with a 1965 Plymouth satellite. Howdy Mopar mates

Private message that I sent was to the original poster on this thread, but if you also need 1965 Satellite parts I can send it to you too ????

Welcome Willy, I think you snagged a pretty special car. As far as the govt idea, I wouldn’t put too much stock in that, as anybody could order or buy a 65 Satellite with any available engine in it. Most people buying Satellites in 65 were probably of the pedestrian grocery getting crowded, and didn’t need the high performance engines, although some knew what boxes to check and did order them. Maybe some dealerships close to air and naval bases had the wherewithal to order the bigger motors for their fast paced customers, but there’s really no way to tell. All that aside, you got yourself a keeper there, and nice original 65 cars are always hard to find. Welcome to the site, glad to have you with us!

Thanks and that is the story of this car and prolly a few or many others?? The Scientist name that bought this car new William E. Copper

Thanks and that is the story of this car and prolly a few or many others?? The Scientist name that bought this car new William E. Copper
I would try to get as much information from the family as I could if it was my car. Thankfully, I am the 2nd owner of my car, and it came to me from the original owner. He is a wealth of information about why it has what it has, and can and does tell me everything I ask about the car. I just love to hear why it has a scratch on the door, why there is a tooth broken out on the grille, and did it come with this or that. Get as much info as you can, and try to document it in some way, most of these old cars have lost their stories to time!

Here is Jerry, behind the wheel after driving it again for the first time in 42 years. It was a very special day to myself and him, I promised I would bring it back when I had it running, and bring it back I did. We spent the day beating the crap out of it, at first he was afraid to drive it, but I insisted, and I think he was glad he did, the smile on his face pretty much says it all.

91E1160E-EF48-4DA2-BA64-74133E13254F.jpeg

That is Great! i am second registerd owner but 3rd overall as guy i picked car up from had it titled not registered.He talked to family member at sale. Daughter

Hey Will, welcome from Illinois!! I'm another 426s owner, '65 Belvedere II 4-speed, and my brother is another '65 Satellite (383 T/F) owner. Glad to have you join the group. My take on the scale model box art is simply a depiction of an executive type in his suit, hat and overcoat typical of the day. 007, not so much. I see your engine photo but not the rest of the car. Regardless of its present condition, show us some pics of it. Here's mine:

6-10-23 Deer Creek (2).jpg

6-10-23 Deer Creek (13).JPG

6-4-22 Washington, IL (8).JPG

Hey Will, welcome from Illinois!! I'm another 426s owner, '65 Belvedere II 4-speed, and my brother is another '65 Satellite (383 T/F) owner. Glad to have you join the group. My take on the scale model box art is simply a depiction of an executive type in his suit, hat and overcoat typical of the day. 007, not so much. I see your engine photo but not the rest of the car. Regardless of its present condition, show us some pics of it. Here's mine:

View attachment 1479600

View attachment 1479608

View attachment 1479612

View attachment 1479600

View attachment 1479608

View attachment 1479612
Wow what a nice ride u have ! My car is from Illinois-Batavia IL

View attachment 1479600

View attachment 1479608

View attachment 1479612
some pics on general forum

Welcome Willy, I think you snagged a pretty special car. As far as the govt idea, I wouldn’t put too much stock in that, as anybody could order or buy a 65 Satellite with any available engine in it. Most people buying Satellites in 65 were probably of the pedestrian grocery getting crowded, and didn’t need the high performance engines, although some knew what boxes to check and did order them. Maybe some dealerships close to air and naval bases had the wherewithal to order the bigger motors for their fast paced customers, but there’s really no way to tell. All that aside, you got yourself a keeper there, and nice original 65 cars are always hard to find. Welcome to the site, glad to have you with

Welcome from NY.
Perhaps it inspired this one as it came out in 1966:

But I think you're probably putting way too much stock in a model box.

Forgot to mention that the Scientist raced it at night and beat everything around,with Car bone stock. Lol Funny on that story film of the black ghost they show a clip of a 1965 Plymouth actually winning at race track

IMG_0710.JPG

Welcome from Southern NJ.
July 13-16th is Chryslers at Carlisle, great meet; Cars, parts and tons of knowledge. Hope you make it (with or without your 65).

Welcome Willy from just north of the Mason Dixon line!

'65 Satellite is my favorite B body but I've never been able to afford one. They've always been pricey for many years. You lucked out with the one you have :thumbsup:

Talking about Chryslers and the military, I vaguely remember reading about a car that had a connection with the owner and there was a small placard in the center of the back seat with his name on it. There were pictures but I can't recall where I saw it or what car it was.

Welcome from Southern NJ.
July 13-16th is Chryslers at Carlisle, great meet; Cars, parts and tons of knowledge. Hope you make it (with or without your 65).
Thanks so much for the welcomes everyone, Been going to Carlisle Pa since the late 70s.
i remember the first time i went to Mopar Nats in Carlisle they had a Super Bird for sale for 15 K. My friend begged his dad to buy that car but his dad was just not into muscle cars. Hope to be their this year with my car

IMG_0732.JPG

Welcome Willy from just north of the Mason Dixon line!

'65 Satellite is my favorite B body but I've never been able to afford one. They've always been pricey for many years. You lucked out with the one you have :thumbsup:

Talking about Chryslers and the military, I vaguely remember reading about a car that had a connection with the owner and there was a small placard in the center of the back seat with his name on it. There were pictures but I can't recall where I saw it or what car it was.

Auto Transport Service
Back