• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greetings all!

electrictaco

Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Great to be here, nice forum you have here.

About me :

I've made the leap back into old Mopar one could say. I've had a few over the years - first was a 69 HT RR 383 with a 4 speed. Did a complete restore on the outside, drive train was decent, so I didn't touch it. Sold that to a guy in Chicago back in 98 time frame. Of course I regret the hell out of selling it. I restored it with my dad, who was also a Mopar guy, and he passed back in 2005. One of those "you don't know what you've got till it's gone" scenarios Next was the 71 GTX 440 4 Auto, with a six pack. Wasn't a true V code, but was a true N96, and 440 car. Came with two engines, the numbers block and another out of a 70 Challenger RT/SE. Also came with an a833 that I traded for some rallye wheels and tires. That car sat in storage from 1976 until I bought it. Had around 80k miles on it. Rebuilt the carbs, trans, engine. Lost my job, had to sell that to a guy in Ohio right around 2004 (I think). Damn I miss that one. Then I tried Porsche for a while, which was alright I guess, but lacked what I had when I was restoring Mopars. Sold the Porsche, then went JDM. Still have a few of those, one semi Mopar - 1994 Dodge Stealth RT/TT Yellow - 55K orig miles. The other is a 97 Nissan 240sx swapped out with the JDM SR20DET Turbo engine. Also did the 5 speed conversion on that car. Big brakes, and a few other things (intercooler / big exhaust). The Nissan was my daily driver, and I've had it since about 99. It's fun, but it's no classic Mopar. I bought a new gen HEMI - 2006 300C AWD, it was just the 5.7, but it was still a great car. Traded that in for a 2009 300C SRT8 6.1 and loved the hell out of that one. Even did the SRT Experience, which I can tell you is just about one of the coolest perks to owning an SRT. I just didn't "Love" the mileage. 12 miles to the gallon in city? Forget that noise. I held onto that puppy for as long as I could, but it just wasn't a great choice for the daily driver. Traded that in for a 2013 BMW 335i TT, and it's been a great car so far. Now on to the new project. Came across an ad last summer for a 71 Roadrunner locally. Practically a basket case. No engine, no trans. Rough. Good - Straight body, rust in regular places, primer grey, was a bench but now has buckets in decent shape, black interior car, all glass, all chrome. Bad - Previous owners butchered the floor swapping in and out different shifting / transmission combos. They really made a mess of it. As a result it needs a new floor, and new 4 speed hump. Regardless, picking that car up for 600 bucks, was an overall win in my opinion. Not bad for a rolling solid chassis. The other Mopars I've restored have been true to their fender tags. Nothing that wasn't on the tag. No aftermarket stuff, nothing. Well, aside from the six pack, but that came with the car, and who wouldn't hook that up?! :icon_winkle: Anyway, I've decided I'm doing this one my way. The fendertag on this one is unimpressive, aside from it being a true RR. 1 tag, only about 1/2 populated. 383 with a 4 speed is about all it has going for it. I'm thinking a nice street / strip Hemi (gen II) with a 4 speed. I don't even have a driveshaft, so I'm going to have to get one from somewhere like Denny's Driveshafts. Not sure about other alternatives. Not too hot on the stock gold, so I'm thinking one of the high impact stock colors will work. Regardless, I have my work cut out for me, and so does my wallet.

Sorry to ramble on and on, but Just wanted to introduce myself, as I'm sure I will be frequenting here regularly for advice, parts, and ideas.

Have a great day!

Electrictaco

Last edited:
welcome to FBBO electrictaco, great background, good to have you here, good luck with the 71 RR project... I always build them my way, I enjoy the hell out of them too....

welcome to FBBO electrictaco, great background, good to have you here, good luck with the 71 RR project... I always build them my way, I enjoy the hell out of them too....

What the heck happened to the OP?

:sSig_hihihi::sSig_greetingsthor::sSig_welcometoourcl:hatwave:

Welcome, glad you got a Mopar and a plan, show us some pics and keep posting your progress.

What the heck happened to the OP?

Not sure! It vanished, and now it seems to be back. Can you see it now?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I am looking forward to being a new member here. Not sure what happened to my OP, but it showed back up today - sorry about that if it is something I did! Anyway, I mentioned in my post about the butchered floor in the new 71. I stopped by the place where I am storing the car (outside, but covered) and took some shots of the interior. Here is the floor. Nice job, no?

Not sure! It vanished, and now it seems to be back. Can you see it now?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I am looking forward to being a new member here. Not sure what happened to my OP, but it showed back up today - sorry about that if it is something I did! Anyway, I mentioned in my post about the butchered floor in the new 71. I stopped by the place where I am storing the car (outside, but covered) and took some shots of the interior. Here is the floor. Nice job, no?

Sure can / it's back up there now. And yes the floor looks like a real hack job. But hey it can be fixed. Looking forward to your updates and turning that RR back to manual.

Auto Transport Service
Back