• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greetings from Sussex, NJ

mpgmike

Local time
3:25 AM
Reaction score
An alternative title might be, "Greetings from Paradise in the middle of Mahem". I'm about 70 miles from the Big Apple, yet I live in the middle of a 157 acre farm with a 10 acre lake in my front yard.

In February of 2001 my wife & I lost a baby and didn't care if we lived or died. I lost my career (sales), sold my '70 Duster, '71 Demon, '65 Imperial, and '73 Road Runner. Relevant to this site, I've owned a '72 Satellite Custom, '72 Satellite Sebring (basically a RR with Satellite badging; still the quickest car I've ever owned), '73 Satellite Sebring Plus (X2), '73 Road Runner with 400-4 Speed converted to built 440 (scariest car I ever owned due to poor traction), and a '74 Road Runner 318 AT.

I can proudly say I'm still married to the same incredible lady as we worked past the trauma. Now that my life is somewhat stable again, I yearn for something akin to what I once owned and enjoyed. You might say I'm working the process backwards. I joined this site not because of a new acquisition, but in hopes of one.

Mike

Last edited:
good to see you here, hope you find what you are looking for.

Welcome Mike. Sorry to hear of your unfortunate times and glad to see things are looking up for you. I had 25 years between old Mopars. It's good to be back into it.

Welcome to FBBO! Glad to hear you made it through the tough times!

Welcome back to the MOPAR world:headbang: Do you have a preference as to what your next chapter will contain??Here's my junk to MOTOR-vate you:blob1:

Attachments

• IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1936.jpg
    IMG_1936.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1850.jpg
    IMG_1850.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 3.21.12 (49).JPG
    3.21.12 (49).JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 198
Welcome to the forum and my condolences on your loss. Few things can shake a person like what you've gone through and I'm glad you have made it out the other side.

Welcome back to the MOPAR world:headbang: Do you have a preference as to what your next chapter will contain??Here's my junk to MOTOR-vate you:blob1:
As a matter of fact, I am looking for '71-'74 Plymouth 2-door; Satellite Sebring or Road Runner.

Mike

welcome from another Jersey guy..hope your 2nd wind finds you better than the 1st. good luck in your search!

Welcome to the site, hope you find another great Mopar to enjoy. I have been to your part of Jersey before, it is a beautiful area.

you have my deepest condolences & welcome to FBBO, It's Mopar or No Car

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I spent a few perusing through the "garage". Some awesome Mopar iron here. I'll be poking around looking for that something special.

Mike

As a matter of fact, I am looking for '71-'74 Plymouth 2-door; Satellite Sebring or Road Runner.

Mike

Well that narrows it down some,good places to look is here of course,moparts,racing junk and several other free classified sites.Plan on going to Chrysler Carlisle,they always have lots of cars for sale.

Welcome, great guys here, if you're gonna waste your time on the internet, you'll find no better place. :tongue:

Auto Transport Service
Back