• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grill Question

olddog67

Local time
2:42 PM
Reaction score
Sorry for the Ferd picture lol. Its my FIL's 500 Galaxie FWIW
compare.jpg
moncton nats.jpg

See the grill in my Charger, the yellow car. And see the picture I just stole form Kevin lol.
I never realized how crappy my grill looked. How can I make mine look closer to the white cars grill?

Man, that is a tough grill to restore. Take it off and you will need a good bench buffing wheel, a dremel tool with several buffing attachments, a good polishing compound and a lot of patience. Not complicated but it is time consuming.

Last edited:
No sweat on the Ferd thing. I restored two 67’s before getting real with my ‘66 Charger. Their stacked headlights grille is a seductive temptress. (PM me for any 67 Gal parts needs. They are hard to come by.)

If you are referring to the black part, I have done mine several times. Tape everything off then spray paint with trim paint. Many manufacturers make it. Then with lacquer thinner wipe off the chrome part. Don't do too much too fastcso as to have it dry too much before you get to it. But it works fine and save lots of time.

Auto Transport Service
Back