• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GTX Convertible Windshield

calantpe

Local time
7:17 AM
Reaction score
I am helping a friend restore a 1969 GTX conv. We need to put in a new winshield. Will windshields from other 68-70 B bodies work or only a conv windshield.

Pete

gl *** interchange

Look at a glass companies interchange book, call one on ebay.
You should find that the conv is same as the 4 dr sedan 68-70 AND 66,67 B body sedan
Not 68-70 hardtop

The difference is the height of the glass.

Shortest to tallest: HT, 4 dr, Conv.

Look at a glass companies interchange book, call one on ebay.
You should find that the conv is same as the 4 dr sedan 68-70 AND 66,67 B body sedan
Not 68-70 hardtop

Can't say for 66-67 but my 68 parts book shows pn 2570295 clear and 2570598 titnted for a 4dr and 2570605 clear and 2570606 tinted for convert's

Thanks for the response. I also checked the parts book and the numbers for the conv. windshield do not show for any other body style.. But I think Chiknikred might be right that a 4 dr sd might work. Someone else told me the same thing. I guess I have to research it further and see if glass manuf. have same numbers for the glass.

Part #'s show them not to be, if they were the same they wouldn't have different #'s. The only glass I show that interchanges between a 4 door and a convert would be the door vent glass.

Part #'s show them not to be, if they were the same they wouldn't have different #'s. The only glass I show that interchanges between a 4 door and a convert would be the door vent glass.

Correct, 2 door , 4 door and Convert. all use different windshields.

In 66 & 67, 2 door hardtops and converts use the same windshield, WS671 would be the after market number I believe, 2 door post and 4 door use different glass than the 'verts

I thought I had the entire interchange list here...which included the cars up to '70, but can't find it right now

In 66 & 67, 2 door hardtops and converts use the same windshield, WS671 would be the after market number I believe, 2 door post and 4 door use different glass than the 'verts

I thought I had the entire interchange list here...which included the cars up to '70, but can't find it right now

that is exactly what hollander says 66-67 ht and convert same as 68-70 convertible only

that is exactly what hollander says 66-67 ht and convert same as 68-70 convertible only

Yea...that was it.....I knew the 66 Charger front glass was the same as '70 something or other

We have had a few guys on our 66-67 forum say they called Safelight Glass and got a quote of just under $300 installed for their Charger

Auto Transport Service
Back