• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GLAD TO BE HERE

dombee

Local time
6:46 AM
Reaction score
Hello all:

My name is Dom and I live in Virginia. Glad to be on this site as I will likely need some advice as I restore my 1968 Plymouth GTX. (see pic) This is my second restoration project. My current classic ride is a 1971 Nova. I have loved B bodies for years. My second car was a 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner w/a 383 and felt a sense of nostalgia. What I found out so far is that parts for B bodies are very expensive and/or hard to find. Now I can see where a well restored B bodies sell for $65K or more...

GTX.jpg

Greetings from Illinois Dom! You can post a photo or two of your Nova here if you like . . .

Welcome (3)f.jpg

Dom:
Welcome from Southern CA, nice Nova there.
Hopefully you'll get that GTX where you want it and then you can drive the heck out of it.
And yes, B-Body Projects can empty the wallet a bit, but all worth it in the end.
Good luck with your project.

Resized_IMG_3325_8379776424666.jpeg

Welcome from NJ. Good luck with the GTX!

Welcome to the site. You are correct about Mopar part/car prices, but hey, all the cool guys drive them :drinks:. You keeping those Keystones?

Welcome to the site. You are correct about Mopar part/car prices, but hey, all the cool guys drive them :drinks:. You keeping those Keystones?
Actually I am selling the wheels as I bought 17" Magnum offset wheels. The car has 15x10 Keystones in the back and 15x8 magnums in front. Interested?

Actually I am selling the wheels as I bought 17" Magnum offset wheels. The car has 15x10 Keystones in the back and 15x8 magnums in front. Interested?
What is the backspacing on the 15x10's and what condition are they in?

Welcome from Fredericksburg, VA. Look forward to seeing you around town sometime.
Good to know there is another GTX owner not far fm here. With a hemi too! I hope to have the car running within 2 years. I just got a period correct 440 for it. It has a worn our 383 in it now.

Dom:
Welcome from Southern CA, nice Nova there.
Hopefully you'll get that GTX where you want it and then you can drive the heck out of it.
And yes, B-Body Projects can empty the wallet a bit, but all worth it in the end.
Good luck with your project.

View attachment 1621159
Tks! Love Socal. Lived in Oceanside when I was AD USCG. Going to visit my dad in Simi Valley this week. My plan with my GTX is to see if I can make $ after I am done restoring it. I am done being a consultant and at this stage of my life, want to use my hands to make $.

What is the backspacing on the 15x10's and what condition are they in?
The are in fair to good condition. The BS appears to be about 6". The car has 255s in the rear and there was not much clearance with outer fender. The car came with a lot of spare parts so will be trying to get rid of them as I build car.

The are in fair to good condition. The BS appears to be about 6". The car has 255s in the rear and there was not much clearance with outer fender. The car came with a lot of spare parts so will be trying to get rid of them as I build car.
With only 255's on a 10 inch rim, and close to the quarter, I'll bet they are more like 4" BS. 6" would put them into the springs, unless things have been modified of course.

Auto Transport Service
Back