• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gtx vs roadrunner/superbee prices

Chargers have always been hot cars, guess its just their time. I gave away a 70 charger once because I didn't have time to work on it. Not one of my better decisions in life. Some of my favorite cars are still underpriced and if Super Bee prices shoot up like Charger prices I may be tempted to sell.

Yea, no idea either but man are these classics so expensive. Buddy of mine bought a 69 Camero SS for $8k about 1986, sold it a few years later for $10K, now that car is worth about $50-$60K, sheesh!

You can find 68 and 69 Roadrunners in the mid to high 20's, but really nice examples still seem to bring closer to mid 30's and up. Not sure why Charger prices are so high. Must be because the Duke's crashed so many General Lee's.

Just talked to the guy. It's a new listing, has a 440 in it had a 383 then a 426 in it. NOT a #'s matching car but for the price seems like a good deal for what it's worth.
You think the Magnum 500's on the rear are really painted hemi orange on the inside like in picture of the gas tank? How old is this listing? These pictures may have been winter of who know when? LOL

Mike did have the duel point distributor and those same funky hubcaps as yours. I wish I had a picture if it. I bought it in early spring of 69 for $825. Car had 38k miles and was pretty immaculate. I don't know how it was geared, but being a convertable, it was heavy and slow off the line. It would run about 130 top end, however. I rarely went to Windsteads on the Plaza, but went to Allen's Drive In on Ward Parkway just south of the Ward Parkway Shopping Center. I dated a couple of girls that worked there my senior year. I went to Southwest High School and we used to leave school at lunch to drive over to a burger place on Rainbow Blvd that had a liquor store next door. We had a cheeseburger, fries and a quart of beer to wash it down. Those were the days. I lived a block from Burger Delight, Dairy Delight and Wimpys wrong 75th and Troost. The roller coaster at Fairyland Park was close enough I could hear people screaming on it at night during the summer. Hard to imagine we both ended up with a 67 GTX.
Sorry to whatever thread we are hijacking here.

I attended Shawnee Mission South (Overland Park) - I think your memory for places and details may surpass mine. But, good to hear about old times and your Sport Fury. And now back to our regularly schedule programming - GTX's rule!

Auto Transport Service
Back