• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gun safety

Too bad for the innocent woman and her family, very sad...
But Alec Baldwin is a friggin idiot. This liberal hypocrite had the odassity to play war hero Colonel Doolittle in the movie Pearl Harbor too.
Why didn't these A-hole actors learn anything from Brandon Lee's death?

Last edited:
Well,
sadly, Alec Baldwin made a comment a few years ago about Cops innocently, mistakenly killing some innocent person.
He asked: "I wonder how they feel"
Now, he is on the other end...
Hey Alec, How does it feel?

Alec Baldwin haunted over old tweet about fatal cop shooting

Furthermore,
The "Rust" incident happened when they "Technically" were not shooting film...
So, possible he aimed the gun at her and squeezed the trigger?
But, in all fairness
1. It was the Armor's fault, and assistant Armor's fault
2. An experienced gun person should have checked the "rounds"

I hate Alec Baldwin but I have to give him a PASS If the scene was being filmed.
If the Scene was not being filmed and he just pointed and squeezed, that would be so sad.

Bottom line is:
(Hollywood is talking)
The Film was Low Budget, Non-Union (Ahem...Non-Experienced) people were running the project.
The Assistant Director was trying to succeed with Low Budget, hoping that IF it all went good, under budget then it would look good on the Resume'
Sad
Someone need to be accountable for the Homocide

There will be a few civil suits. But yeah... Hollywood Alec, anti gun, gets paid to pretend to use one. You can’t make this **** up! :D

Obviously rule no. 1 in gun safety, never point a gun at a person unless you plan/need to shoot them, is and never has been followed in 100 years of Hollywood. Saying it doesn’t make it so. You can turn on the TV any evening and see 100 instances of a gun held by one actor, being held on or pointed at another actor(s). The lady’s being held hostage by the crazy holding a gun to her head. The NCIS agent is holding the bad guy with a gun on him. The bad guy is shooting at the detectives. These aren’t split-scene portrayals - they are pointing real guns at each other. The only way that rule ever works in Hollywood is if all guns are banned from cinema and TV altogether. Which, even though I own many more guns than I care to admit, would be just fine by me. All those anti-2nd amendment Hollywood liberals have been raking in the dough for years playing gun-crazied characters and glorifying gun mayhem and blood baths. Screw em.

Involuntary Manslaughter
The act of unlawfully killing another human being unintentionally.

Most unintentional killings are not murder but involuntary manslaughter. The absence of the element of intent is the key distinguishing factor between voluntary and involuntary manslaughter. In most states involuntary manslaughter results from an improper use of reasonable care or skill while performing a legal act, or while committing an act that is unlawful but not felonious.

I heard they were using live rounds in the gun for target shooting in between takes, and they must have missed the safety check.
My policy is to check every firearm I handle. Even at the gun shop or Cabelas, if the employee hands me a gun to look at, I automatically check it. Not because I don't trust them, but because things happen. If you are going to handle a gun, do it safely. Guns don't kill people, reckless people kill people.

That is my $.02

First day of Hunters Safety when i was 12, the instructor had me come up to the front of the classroom. Handed me a .30-30, told me it wasn't loaded and to aim over there at the wall and pull the trigger. BAM!!!! Always check a gun and assume it's loaded no matter what anyone tells you.

Wow!
You'll NEVER ever take anyone's word for it, after that experience.
Tough way to learn.
But I like it.

Brandon Lee was murdered on a set that was non-Union. You get what you pay for!

I thought Brandon Lee was killed when a blank cartridge dislodged a bullet that was stuck in the barrel of the prop gun?
Accidentally?
No?

A 24 year old girl was the armorer. What kind of trust should you put in that?
If she was mine, quite a bit...
pumpkincarvingballisticstyle 035.JPG

First day of Hunters Safety when i was 12, the instructor had me come up to the front of the classroom. Handed me a .30-30, told me it wasn't loaded and to aim over there at the wall and pull the trigger. BAM!!!! Always check a gun and assume it's loaded no matter what anyone tells you.

That seems borderline reckless, but a great learning experience.

I wonder, because my conspiracy mind set is going, if old Alec was the intended target as opposed to who got it. Or had he had enough of those lesser than him and knew what state the gun was in.

First thing i thought was that he threw one of his temper tantrums and shot a blank towards the cinematographer. He's know to be a hot headed prick with numerous assaults under his belt.

The way we handle guns:
Buddy has a gun. He opens it, Checks for clear. If he hands it to you, you open it and check for clear even if you just watched him do the same thing. That’s how things are done in my circle of friends.
I’ve taken many people out shooting over the years. I give every one of them a quick safety lecture, even if they are “gun people”. I end the lecture with “if you ever point a gun at me, even if by accident, I will punch you in the face to make sure that you remember not to do it again. I’m not kidding.” And I’m not kidding.

I thought Brandon Lee was killed when a blank cartridge dislodged a bullet that was stuck in the barrel of the prop gun?
Accidentally?
No?
Many believe the same, some believe it was covered up.
Prop guns are not real........they fire nothing. Think of the special effects and computer generated imagery. This isn't Gun Smoke 1963.

Very, very rare instances do they use firearms in the industry, IF they do, everyone is informed in a meeting and the gun is fired/dryfired into the ground for all to witness and passed around for all to see. Gun safety rules will still apply when handling, assuming it is live.
The medias explanation of "cold gun" is absolute garbage.
There is a weapons expert on every set........They found a 24yr old scape goat.
No ammunition is allowed on any set, period. All guns, real or not are treated as though they are loaded.
A Cinematographer, out of any scene being filmed, is shot by an actor. The only time pointing, even a prop, is at or toward the actor/actress IS in the scene being filmed/shot.
Remember two things had to occur. 1. he pointed the weapon to a person OUT of the scene. 2. He pulled the trigger while pointed at her. Now reconcile what happened. Those TWO things put together show intent.
There are a lot of questions, the media seems to be covering for. Most notably, GUN SAFETY and real set protocol.
Baldwin at minimum should be charged with manslaughter and held responsible as HE is even more culpable in this event being the assistant producer. There is much more to this we're not being told.

Last edited:
The budget of a film doesn't justify a lack of common sense. It was drilled into me since grade school to never point a gun at someone, even if I was told it's unloaded.
Try that at a range and watch how fast you get removed.

The media seems to be going out of it's way to convice us their darling Alec isn't at fault. They're trying to pin it on some guy named Dave Hall who supposedly handed him a "cold gun". They're even attacking the guys character saying he's violated people's personal spaces in the past. That wouldn't surprise me but doesn't have anything to do with this incident. What about all the people Alec has violated and assaulted? Huh NBC?

Involuntary Manslaughter
The act of unlawfully killing another human being unintentionally.

Most unintentional killings are not murder but involuntary manslaughter. The absence of the element of intent is the key distinguishing factor between voluntary and involuntary manslaughter. In most states involuntary manslaughter results from an improper use of reasonable care or skill while performing a legal act, or while committing an act that is unlawful but not felonious.
I agree, but in a court of law there is no such thing as an accident. Blame is assessed and penalties rendered. The defendant doesn't have the option to blame someone else. The person who pulled the trigger and everyone else associated with this crime would be charged. This is how it would be for any of "us". That said, I have little faith that the justice system will do the right thing in this case. Unfortunately, there are 2 tiers of justice in this country. One for "us" and another for "them" 440'

Anyone, including Baldwin, handling th gun must be held responsible, period!
Basic firearm safety
I never, ever point a firearm any anybody unless it's intentional, my personal safety.
Baldwin will get off and some stiff will take the hit - no pun intended

Auto Transport Service
Back