• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guru's tell me how does it look

I understand that in regards to mechanical "non-roller" lifters and cams, but if the manufacturer intended solid roller lifters to be ran on hydraulic roller cams, they would not have used different part numbers and just made one style of cam for everything then would they not?

what I am saying is that they make the mechanical and the hydraulic roller cams/lifters for a certain reason, if it made more sense and created a more efficient means to obtain horsepower to run a mechanical roller lifter on a hydraulic roller cam, then they would package that option and try to sell it instead of keeping them separate like they do.

It isn't a matter of could you do it, but should you.

WTH are you talking about??? of course they design cams and lifters differently for different applications..... No one is saying they don't. My first post was in reply to a built in ramp that spins the lifter. He later said he thought it was a flat hyd "non roller" cam the OP was commenting on.... You replied to my post regarding this..... My post...... Why would you want to do that and change the topic of My post???? YES,,,, THE LIFTERS ARE DIFFERENT!
Also, Comp told him it was fine to run this combination, and gave him the lash specs to do so... I know this because I read his post...

WTH are you talking about??? of course they design cams and lifters differently for different applications..... No one is saying they don't. My first post was in reply to a built in ramp that spins the lifter. He later said he thought it was a flat hyd "non roller" cam the OP was commenting on.... You replied to my post regarding this..... My post...... Why would you want to do that and change the topic of My post???? YES,,,, THE LIFTERS ARE DIFFERENT!
Also, Comp told him it was fine to run this combination, and gave him the lash specs to do so... I know this because I read his post...

I am sorry I asked simple inquisitive questions in lieu of seeing the advantages to the usage of mechanical roller lifters with a hydraulic roller cam. I am NOT going to play thread detective and sleuth down every thread that some guy may post in regards to a question if he has more than one located in a forum.

I am glad you read his thread(s) and got all the information, good for you and him. You have been able to reply to his needs efficiently. I, only, replied to your comments as that was all the information I had at the time. If you are unwilling to understand that and accept the fact that someone may question your methodology due to ignorance (yes ignorance on my part not knowing there was another thread out there that helped explain stuff "havent you ever misread something in a forum? I am sure you have"), then maybe you should be a little more understanding and quit taking my questions as personal insults. Rather, use the opportunity as a teaching moment and explain your reasoning, NOT bash the person providing questions.

It sounds like you have a lot of knowledge, I get that and hopefully I can learn from you, but if you react this way due to misunderstanding, how about just accept the fact that miscommunication happens alot (especially in a forum) and you should try and understand its source rather than bashing it.

What spring pressure did Comp Cams recommend for this combo??

Comp says to use these springs 925-16, the ones I have are from 440sources stealth heads http://store.440source.com/Stealth-Aluminum-Cylinder-Head-COMPLETE-SINGLE-HEAD/productinfo/200-1055/
which say:

Valve Spring Type: Single with Damper. Recommended for maximum .600" lift.
Valve Spring Closed (seat) Pressure: Approx. 130 pounds @ 1.875" installed height.
Valve Spring Open Pressure Approx. 330 pounds @ 1.275" (.600" lift.).
Valve Spring Inner Diameter: 1.050"
Valve Spring Maximum Lift: .600"
Valve Spring Coil Bind Height: 1.130"
Valve Spring Outer Diameter: 1.550"
Valve Spring Free Height 2.400"
Valve Spring Installed Height: 1.875"
Valve Spring Wire Diameter: .202"
Valve Spring Number of Coils: 5.5

The comp sepcs for the recommended springs for the cam only there was no recommend for this comb and I forgot to ask in reality :(
http://www.compperformancegroupstor...re_Code=CC&Product_Code=925-16&Category_Code=

O.D. of Outer Dia. 1 1.509
I.D of Outer Dia. 2 1.125
I.D. of Inner Dia. 3 0.697
Damper Yes
Seat Load 111 @ 1.900
Open Load 388 @ 1.200
Coil Bind 1.175
Rate (Lbs./In.) 395
Titanium Retainer 732, 721
Steel Retainer 1732, 741
Cup Seat 4700, 4771, 4783
1.509 1.125 0.697 Y 111 @ 1.900 388 @ 1.200 1.175 395 732, 721 1732, 741 4700, 4771, 4783

They certainly look close enough for government work:icon_weed:

Those spring pressures look a little light to me,but the requirements are being met as per the manufactureres rec's.I'm not sure of the RPM range of the cam,but you'll feel it nosing over on the big end.Another thing I learned the hard way:black_eye:When and IF you like to show off a little when leaving the parking lot or a friends house,don't blow the tires off the rims.Once you loose traction and the tach wings up high,the lifters start bouncing off the top of the cam lobe crashing back down on the cam.That will kill roller lifters fast.DON'T ask how I know:black_eye::black_eye::black_eye:

Attachments

• 2009-04-24-1735-00_edited.jpg
    2009-04-24-1735-00_edited.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 141
  • LI mopars@HOOTERS11.11 004.jpg
    LI [email protected] 004.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 133

Those spring pressures look a little light to me,but the requirements are being met as per the manufactureres rec's.I'm not sure of the RPM range of the cam,but you'll feel it nosing over on the big end.Another thing I learned the hard way:black_eye:When and IF you like to show off a little when leaving the parking lot or a friends house,don't blow the tires off the rims.Once you loose traction and the tach wings up high,the lifters start bouncing off the top of the cam lobe crashing back down on the cam.That will kill roller lifters fast.DON'T ask how I know:black_eye::black_eye::black_eye:

ROFL! LOVE THAT PLATE LOL

I consider my self lucky since the motor hasn't grenaded yet, this being my first 440 build and a stroker at that. If it fails I will look for a more together combo lol. But at least the scoring marks on it haven't caused any immediate damage. Still pulls strong, I can't seem to find enough road to see what the actual top end is. at 5500 and 120 she just keeps pulling like there is no end! need a dyno.

That is a awesome plate and frame, you can have the frame made from any online maker, I have one that says: I know I know license and registration, makes some cops here smile.

Well that picture has my glands activated.:jerk::jerk::hello2:

First picture next to the distributer gear, cam lobe looks like it has been scratched by the roller on the lifter.

For conversational sake,my spring pressures are 250ish on the seat and 630 to 625 over the nose.I thought they migh be alittle light for my lift in the low 630's.Before the engine going to the SPA to get freshened and avalve job,the pressure over the nose was 575lbs.ARC wanted a little more:tongue7:

Auto Transport Service
Back