• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hand me down 1967 GTX, where do I start?

also check under the carpet if you haven't already.

Under carpet, under springs of front or back seats, under carpet, above headliner, above glove box or never put in car at all are all viable build sheet options. For 1967's you can still get the original build cards from the Chrysler Historic Society, showing the factory options. From the pictures, I would say the cruise and tilt are not original to this car.

Judging by the size of the rear tires it looks like it's been back halved? More pics and details would help like what type of rear suspension it has....what's been done to the trans, stall speed etc. What has been done to the engine.....like cam, head work, what heads, crank, rods, pistons, comp ratio and the list goes on. The more info, the better. Same for the trailer. Imo, a 29 is much better than say a 24 and pics of it would help too. Brand, any cabinets inside, winch, etc....[/QUOTE

The rear has been back halved, good eye. It still uses a spring suspension and caltrack bars.
A lot of the information on the engine went to the grave with my father in law. I did find paperwork that shows the Pistons are 30 over with the compression ratio of 12.5 to 1. Indy heads but no info on which style or if any work was done on them like porting.
Same with the tranny all that I know is that it has a reverse valve body.
The trailer is a pace and there are wall cabinets and one large storage box. There is a winch for loading the car.
Thanks for the suggestions.

- - - Updated - - -

Judging by the size of the rear tires it looks like it's been back halved? More pics and details would help like what type of rear suspension it has....what's been done to the trans, stall speed etc. What has been done to the engine.....like cam, head work, what heads, crank, rods, pistons, comp ratio and the list goes on. The more info, the better. Same for the trailer. Imo, a 29 is much better than say a 24 and pics of it would help too. Brand, any cabinets inside, winch, etc....
I tried replying with quote but it showed up at the end of the thread. Hopefully this will work.

74? hmmm I took some girls hitch hiking up that way in 74, hell that baby (sorry your wife) has blonde hair!!! Was she by chance the father in laws step daughter??? oh wait dang child support would ruin me right now. Never mind......

Sorry I had a relapse there. Most of the above, well okay all the above except your wife being a step daughter is true... LOL WELCOME and what a GREAT car you have. As for a chopped up Cuda with a great drive train? I have NO idea.

It has been a while since I have updated any info on my GTX project.
I purchased a '67 Bev. II 4 door for parts and along with the car came numerous parts as well. My main goal in buying the car was for the frame rails, rear wheel wells, and hopefully the floorboards.
When I received the car the drives side rear quarter looks to be really solid so that will be a bonus. The guy I bought it from through in some quarter patch panels as well, I think he said they are from C2C but they could be Sherman parts. I will have to follow up on this. Any case I was able to get the car up on the hoist this last weekend and start cleaning up the under coating to see what I have. So far the floor boards, frame and torsion bar cross member looks excellent.
I work a rather crazy schedule so updates will be few and far between, but at least I am moving forward right now.

parts 2.jpg parts 4.jpg parts 1.jpg plymouth1.jpg plymouth2.jpg

Great project you have there. Should be sweet when finished. But I'm partial to 66 and 67 b bodies.

+1

GREAT idea.

20160504_104737.jpg
I now have a 4 door convertible!
Most of the sound deadening is removed from the underside, boy what a job that is. There is some rust through of the front foot well area of the floor boards so new metal will need to be added. I am thinking I will media blast the floor pan before removing it.
The trunk floor is swiss cheese, so I will be cutting it out, I think I may blast the frame rails before removing as well.

Need suggestions on how to replace rear quarter, I am kind of thinking of doing the rear quarter and wheel well all together instead of separating them and then putting it all back together.
Any ideas or opinions?
20160504_104931.jpg

Anybody in Michigan need a set of doors for a 4 door?
Or air conditioning parts for their project?

20160504_104824.jpg

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal

maybe post this & the photos in the Members project/restoration section too

I have started a thread about the car on the restoration forum, look for it under 67 GTX slow start but on my way.

GREAT 67 , LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE A NICE GARAGE TO WORK ON GTX, THAT'S HALF THE BATTLE,AS FAR AS THE CUDA GOES WITH RACE CARS CONDITION AND CRAFTMANSHIP IS EVERYTHING . MORE UP CLOSE PIC WOULD BE GREAT (UNDERSIDE ,ROLL CAGE WELDS ... THE TRAILER ,YEAR, MAKE AND CONDITION ,PAPER WORK, WHAT OPTIONS , WENCH , GENERATOR ,STORAGE ?, ROOF CONDITION,ROOF VENTS TIRES, BRAKES ...ALL FACTORS IN ASKING PRICE ,PICS WOULD BE A PLUS ,GOOD LUCK AND WELCOME

Auto Transport Service
Back