• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hanging out in Oz

Pauls68

Local time
5:22 PM
Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Paul and checking in from Adelaide, Australia, really enjoy the site and have been learning a lot from the threads. I am anxiously waiting and I mean "can't concentrate at work" waiting for my 68 coronet to to arrive. I have been looking to purchase a classic for a few years but early on I new I loved the Mopars. I have some favourites including the 70 roadrunner, 69 coronet, 68 charger and 70/71 cudas, but when it came down to it, a 68 coronet was my favourite. Like a kid in a lolly shop though, if there was a 68 coronet with a 69 coronet front grill with a 70 airgrabber.....that would look killer! that might be a good thread if not already build your own bbody.

The car is in quarantine giving me grief in Melbourne at the moment but should be here in the next week or so. I dont think I have seen a 68 coronet in two years going to shows here so happy to touch base with any b body coronet owners as I reckon I have a bit to learn.

I think a bit of body work will be due when It get's here and a few things to bring back to original to keep the authorities happy for registration, she is currently silver with black stripe but have plans for a silver with red stripe/interior combination down the track. I will post pics in a few weeks in her new home town.....

Cheers
Paul

Welcome to FBBO Paul. I love the 68 Coronet. Sounds very cool.

Welcome aboard Paul!
Thanks for joining the forum.
I've been to Melbourne 2X and Perth once.
I really love Australia!
You "boys" sure do love CARS!

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal

Thanks for the comments guys, my car is arriving next Monday so I will get some pics up on my profile, some nice cars and engine pics from you, budnicks that car looks mean!

Welcome, the 68 and 69 Coronet's have been favorites of mine since I was a kid.
Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Welcome! Looking forward to the pics too!

Welcome aboard, looks like we share allot of the same favorites and for good reason "sexy cars"! Can't wait to see your Coronet.

sorry for the delays on getting pics up, just had some paintwork done, I got the hood resprayed and some rust cut out repaired. this is how she is looking so far, the headlights are getting changed over, hence he missing one, eventually I want to go red interior, but to many other spends required at the moment

FullSizeRender.jpgIMG_0973.JPG

The lights are nothing special, because we drive on the opposite side of the road, to get the car registered, I need to swap the lights over to Australian standard. They sweep in the opposite direction to the US standard. I took out one of the existing to take to an auto parts shop to get the right type. luckily they had both the two and three prong connector types in stock.

Auto Transport Service
Back