• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy 3/18 day!!

YY1

Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
Today we celebrate the mostly unsung workhorse of the Mopar engine family.

Dilly dilly!

Cheers to my herd of 318's!

DSC_0087.jpg
DSC_0279.jpg

My little '63 gem .. runs like a Swiss watch.. who knew we would have a day ...... if it ever stops snowing I'll take her out for some high octane to celebrate :) :bday:

..I know :rolleyes: but it's been a longgg winter.:mad:

63 ply2.JPG

Today is a National Holiday Celebration in Mexico (Benito Juarez Birthday actually falls on the 21st, but Monday is party day).

The day I finally got it running after replacing the freeze plugs, pan gasket and painting the engine bay.

That was a good day!

IMG_20170318_161534.jpg

318cid/5.2ltr Magnum in my 99 Dakota SLT 4x4
Smiley Dilly Dilly SCJ Judge K..png

Rebuild the poly or buy a crate engine? There was only one answer...
20181122_132520.jpg

I'll never forget, back in high school my buddy's dad let him have the family's '68 Dart/318....not too cool(back then anyways). They were mopar folks and his pop would say, "oh, you wanna drive the Charger? Suuure...when the Dart blows the motor you can drive the Charger.." we TRIED to kill that 318 in all kinda ways that I won't mention and it kept on chuggin'...(the 383 in their 70 Charger let go later that year) that 318 outlasted everything they had! Last time I had a 318 I traded it complete with it's A904 and manifolds still attached for an '84 Kramer Baretta guitar:rolleyes:

i managed to pull a 318 motor and trans out on 3/18,without even noticing the date.
pats self on back,lol

and btw,66 Sat,that poly looks good.
how much do you think you spent rebuilding it?

i managed to pull a 318 motor and trans out on 3/18,without even noticing the date.
pats self on back,lol

and btw,66 Sat,that poly looks good.
how much do you think you spent rebuilding it?
I wish I could both LIKE & AGREE with you.....
I had to chose one - so I liked yer post!

Jeff

Mine will be up and running soon....A daily driver.

IMG_2858.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back