• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leap Day, February 29, 2024

Dave6T4

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:38 AM
Reaction score
As most realize, today is Leap Day, occurring every 4 years, in a year evenly divisible by 4. What a lot of people do not realize, is the impact this has on one's earnings. People who work on a monthly salary work for free today. People who work on hourly pay basis enjoy an extra day of earnings.

There's a whole schitload of people that I want to tell them to go take a leap!

Months salary... actually get paid for one or two days extra compared to any other month! Gotta stop listening to CP24 Dave!

We have a couple we hang with. They got married on Feb 29th. Been married for some forty years and are always Joking (the husband) it was planned that way so he’d only have to spring for a nice anniversary present/evening every 4 years. They’re in Hawaii this week…… Lol

Guess I got the double bonus yesterday as it was payday and my anniversary.

As most realize, today is Leap Day, occurring every 4 years, in a year evenly divisible by 4. What a lot of people do not realize, is the impact this has on one's earnings. People who work on a monthly salary work for free today. People who work on hourly pay basis enjoy an extra day of earnings.
And people who don't work get an extra day of not working.

Had a co-worker turn "40" yesterday.

The big "one-oh", I said.

I've always wondered why "they" don't take all those 31st days and give them to February?

I think I did the actual math once and came out with ten 30 day months and two with 31.

That sure seems a lot simpler to me.

Auto Transport Service
Back