• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

harmonic balancer replacement for 73 forged crank 440 external balance?

adam83

Local time
11:28 AM
Reaction score
I'm re-ringing a 440 in bought for cheap. The rubber ring on the balancer looks like it's about to come apart. I'd like to replace it, but haven't been able to find a stock replacement. My crank is forged but the engine is external balanced with weights on the tq converter and holes drilled into balancer (balancer part number 3614371).

What aftermarket balancers will work with my engine?

they are out there but hard to find. i had the same kind of problem. 440 cast crank, external balance, but needed a sfi type for fed dragster. it seems everybody makes a internal balance one but not external. finally found one at prw.
https://www.prw-usa.com/product/244...nternalexternal-balance-730in-od-86-lbs-black
if you are just looking for a stock one, you should just check salvage yards. they have a way to check all around to the other ones and might find one for you. remember, all 440's after 74 are cast crank and external balance. if you were closer i would give you the one on my 440.

Auto Transport Service
Back