• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone ever seen these seat track biscuits

Whatever you do, I wouldn't eat them.
They've been on the floor way too long.
Stick with the gravy.

Watch out for termites if you don't you'll be a 1/4" lower to the floor, unless of course if it's treated wood.

I thought I read somewhere that from the factory there were no spacers under the seats and it was up to the dealer to "adjust" the height of the seat to fit the new owner if they were vertically challenged or small in stature, that's why the studs were way longer than they needed to be for most drivers. As far as the spacer material that's interesting that wood was used.

Every bucket seat Mopar I've ever owned has had spacers.

Removing them to gain 5/16 to 3/8" more headroom is the very first thing I do after purchase.

Most times it is the difference between hitting the headliner and not hitting it.

Somewhere i believe I read that a 66 Charger had seat adjustment ( height) from the factory, but 67 did not, and in 67 it was dealer adjusted. With that said, if you had a short person, with a pocket full of money, I'm sure you would do what ever it takes, to make the sale. Plywood disc's from the factory, or plywood disc's from the dealership, My guess, the dealership.

The factory, did not know, the height of the consumer!!

Lol, supplier shortages were not going to be shutting down that line! :D

Seat tracks are totally different between 66 and 67.

66 are two piece for the uprights with about 2.5 inches of adjustment.

67 are one piece and non adjustable.

No bearing on biscuit discussion.

Wow - never heard a this and sounds whacky...like some engineering shortfalls (there's a pun here)...

Wow - never heard a this and sounds whacky...like some engineering shortfalls (there's a pun here)...
When I disassembled my '69 Charger (Hamtramck built) years ago I found those same plywood spacers. I just assumed someone made them, but, maybe not.

When I disassembled my '69 Charger (Hamtramck built) years ago I found those same plywood spacers. I just assumed someone made them, but, maybe not.
Yeah - it just seems that this coulda a been some last minute...after all the engineering, fabrication, mfg completed something was amiss with da math - maybe finding the seat height incorrect after assembly inspection using median figures, etc. - however this may have been factored back when. Seems using wood spacers was really whacky and unsafe as they'd be prone to breaking, rot, etc. Hard to believe...

You'll also notice that the rear ones are thinner.

thumbnail-jpg.jpg

Can you still get those biscuits in the bakery section?

Can you still get those biscuits in the bakery section?
From pic didnt realize it was that much,probally to get the proper angel on seat when adjusting rear ward n forward on the frame of seat

RC, will you be going back with wood or perhaps upgrade to plastic, silver, gold, or platinum biscuits?

Auto Transport Service
Back