• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has Anyone Used the Trick Flow Specialties 440 Top End Kit?

Well check which crank it is. Can by just looking at it. I think it should be steel,, but was under the impression all 6-pk rod engines had weighted balancers. Yours looks like a standard neutral balance forged crank one

So this was just a good ol bucket-a-parts? Or was it for sure 1 whole complete engine

Well check which crank it is. Can by just looking at it. I think it should be steel,, but was under the impression all 6-pk rod engines had weighted balancers. Yours looks like a standard neutral balance forged crank one

Not sure what crank this is, but I thought you should look for the wide parting line and the rounded edges to see if it's forged?

PXL_20201115_234410171.jpg
PXL_20201115_234420417.jpg
PXL_20201115_234435603.jpg
PXL_20201115_234443234.jpg

Now I'm wondering if this was a stock cast crank and stock flat top pistons, and the six pack rods were swapped in for strength?

So this was just a good ol bucket-a-parts? Or was it for sure 1 whole complete engine

And I was told it was a complete engine at one time that was disassembled - it came to me in a box-o-parts (with the crank still in the block).

Its a forged crank.Good. And the balancer matches the block.Sooo... Did 75 steel crank 6pk rod motors come internally balanced? I don't know.
But another thing to check is if it is drilled in the back for the 4spd input shaft.

Its a forged crank.Good. And the balancer matches the block.Sooo... Did 75 steel crank 6pk rod motors come internally balanced? I don't know.
But another thing to check is if it is drilled in the back for the 4spd input shaft.

Thanks for confirming that! That's definitely good to know. The block is on a stand right now, but tried to take these pictures of the rear of the crank where the input bearing would go, seems like it's machined to accept the input shaft:

PXL_20201116_000230731.jpg
PXL_20201116_000250972.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back