• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 Source Stealth CNC vs Trick Flow

TexasRoadRunner68

Local time
10:04 AM
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the super stealth (CNC) heads? I’m kind of set on the Trick flow 240/270 heads, but I saw these are in stock.

I gather that the chamber design and spark plug angle are still a good bit better on the Trick flows.

They are priced at almost the same as trick flows ($999 each vs $1070 on up for TFS)

Im not sure how the quality is on the cnc heads, but I know many people replace retainers etc on the basic stealths.

One upside is 440 source doesn’t charge tax for out of state. And they are currently in stock.

These would be going on a 10.5:1 512 stroker build for a street/strip car.

How much are you leaving on the table by going stealth CNC vs TFS?

This is the flow my Stealth heads have. I bought the stock heads and had Muscle Motors do the CNC on them based on their "Mopar for the Masses" article. I purchased the heads before 440 Source offered a CNC head. I'm sure their process is close to this.
Screenshot_20220629-082748_Chrome.jpg

I would go Trick Flow based on reputation alone.

Im running tf 240 and 440 Source 512 stroker kit. 10.3 comp, Pump gas, runs 6.40 in 1/8.

I run Trickflow 240’s on my 440 / 505 stroker EFI street engine.

I really like the trick flows too, I bet their price goes up quite a bit when they come back in stock though. The Super Stealths are still good value IMO.

I’d love to run 270s, but there aren’t any intakes that will fit under a stock 1970 charger hood, to my knowledge. I think the stock hood looks cleaner, however there are cowl and maybe scoop fiberglass hoods.

I know there is 20+ hp and Ft lbs difference, but I’m not sure I want to have to deal with that headache.

240s with a street dominator intake should clear the hood I believe.

Thank you for not wanting to wreck a Charger hood and destroy the complete look of the car. I totally agree.

Thank you for not wanting to wreck a Charger hood and destroy the complete look of the car. I totally agree.
I think the only way I’d do it is if I found an already cut up hood or one I could fix and not feel as bad cutting for a scoop so I could keep my original. It’s an RT and still has what I believe is the original hood.

One part about the stealth heads I like, and hints the name, they look like a cylinder head, and not a big block of cheese!
:lol:
Eh, it’s going to look like a 383 in a 440 car anyways. Even if I chose stealth heads and painted them, it wouldn’t be very stealthy with the street dominator, 950-1050 cfm Holley and long tubes.

For guys that want a stock looking car and more power, I totally get it. I’ll probably have centerlines or draglites on the car as well, so stealthy wasn’t really my goal on the car.

It’s a real RT track pack, so I don’t want to do anything too crazy to the car. Nothing permanent. But it’s been off the road 30+ years. It’ll make a really cool ratty driver until my 68 is off the frame jig and I have the time/money to do a total restoration.

I’d love to run 270s, but there aren’t any intakes that will fit under a stock 1970 charger hood, to my knowledge. I think the stock hood looks cleaner, however there are cowl and maybe scoop fiberglass hoods.

I know there is 20+ hp and Ft lbs difference, but I’m not sure I want to have to deal with that headache.

240s with a street dominator intake should clear the hood I believe.
The 440-2D will fit under the hood.

The 440-2D will fit under the hood.
It’s a 400 based build. I wanted the stronger block. I have a date correct 440 I will probably build a 6 pack stroker out of later, assuming the 68 ever gets done I’ll move it over. It’s getting all arp studs/bolts and a stud girdle. Hopefully it’ll take all the abuse I can throw at it.

Auto Transport Service
Back