• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you ever looked for a part that is right in front of your face!

chargervert

Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
So I have been looking for my 71 Charger R/T hood louver everywhere in my garage, I know that I had it the other day, and it seems to have vanished into thin air,so tonight, I am six beers in, and I notice that it is sitting on the trunk lid of the car that's on the lift! Lol,the blind leading the blind!
20200813_205702.jpg

Never!! I have a perfect memory of where every item is......

:rofl::rofl:

And if you believe that I have land to sell.....

I do that almost every day. Then I replace what I was looking for then find it a few days later.

Lol, you just described what happens to me on a daily basis! 440'

I was going batshit crazy looking for the truck keys. I finally realized I was looking all over the house with the keys in my hand...

I'm a real "a place for everything and everything in it's place" kind of guy. I know where every tool that I own is but damm if I can find that screwdriver that was just in my hand. Will spend 15 minuets looking for it.

Yup. And even better is when I find a part I have already bought Another of.

My favorite thing is when you don't remember buying a part in the past, so you buy it again, only to discover down the track that you already have it. Lol

My favorite thing is when you don't remember buying a part in the past, so you buy it again, only to discover down the track that you already have it. Lol

All the time...I know I have it somewhere so spend 3 hours trying to find it to no avail so you eventually break down and purchase the item, then to stumble across it a few days later when looking for something completely different.

I was looking all over for some valve covers I recently primed (see photo #1). I even had posted photos of 'em on FABO. Looked everywhere and they had disappeared.

Found them on an engine in storage in the back of the garage with a tarp covering it. I had taken the valve covers off the engine in storage (see photo #2) to paint those valve covers and in their place (to keep the valve train clean) I had put the freshly primed valve covers in their place. I knew they hadn't walked off on their own, but I forgot all about making the switch.

Valve Cover Rust Reformer copy.JPG Commando valve covers blue copy.JPG

One time looking all over for keys...in my pocket. Every time I think of the likelihood I won't find this or that part or tool I know I'll need for an upcoming project or chore, I put those in a special place - every friggin time that was a BAD idea as when I need it can't remember where that special place is! Yep - bought another only to find it later! Grrr...

I do it so often I just give up and move on anymore, it's always when I'm not looking for it that I find it. Now I have a young one around that randomly picks up things that he has no idea what they're even for and walks off with them, just another senerio thrown into the mix of missing tools and parts.

My biggest problem is loaning things out, by now I should know to write it down because I never remember so yet another senerio, did I loan it out:screwy:.

I closed the 10 foot high pair of steel doors at the entrance to our property (surrounding our 10 foot high cinder block walls). Now outside, reached in my pocket to lock the gates with key. No keys in pocket. Doors had already "latched", so now only could be opened from the inside. When I reached for the keys in my pocket, they had actually fallen on the ground right at my feet, but I did not think to look there.

Had to find a way to jump the wall and get back inside. Could not find the keys anywhere once inside. Later, I went outside for something and found them sitting right there on the ground (not paved--dirt, so keys made no noise when they hit the ground).

compoundJPG copy.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back