• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawkrod 'RoadKill' Cross Country Trip 2022

Tonight we're in Zion National Park.
This morning we woke up to very cold temps, but had a really nice hike in Bryce.
20220524_081729.jpg

20220524_090211.jpg

20220524_092011.jpg

As usual, pictures don't do the place justice.
After we left Bryce we went to Zion National park. This is one of my favorite parks, but some things were shut down and the place was quite busy. Still some amazing views though.
20220524_142120.jpg

20220524_175930.jpg

Tomorrow we head towards the south rim of the Grand Canyon.

Thanks for following along!

Love the photos & commentary, :drinks:
been to all those places, one time or other
I really like Utah's scenery
Seen many with either, my bros & sisters, with my parents
camping or me & the kids
It's been quite a while now, brings back some good memories...

:thankyou:

You coming down Phoenix way?
We are planning to head down to Sedona, and then drive some (more) of Route 66. Not sure at this point if we will get as far South as Phoenix. It could happen though...

Bryce Canyon Grand Canyon or any national park in that area check how booked up hotels are. June through August might be booked a year in advance those months.
True. But we just got camping spots in Bryce, Zion and South Rim of Grand Canyon with no reservations. Lucky? Probably. But with some flexibility, a lot is possible, especially in the off season.

Take some Time and go up to Jerome if your going to Sedona nice little town on top of a mountain. Also tonto natural bridge state park. There is way to much to see out here ! Be safe and have a great trip ! Thanks for the ride !

Take some Time and go up to Jerome if your going to Sedona nice little town on top of a mountain. Also tonto natural bridge state park. There is way to much to see out here ! Be safe and have a great trip ! Thanks for the ride !

Also hit Oatman, cool old mining town where the donkeys
run the place

Right now, I am sitting on the rim of the Grand Canyon enjoying the sunrise.
20220526_065919.jpg

Here are a couple of more shots from yesterday:
20220525_192919.jpg

20220525_161309.jpg

Here is the beginning of the Grand Canyon, overlook from Navajo Bridge
20220525_134225.jpg
20220525_134225.jpg

Prior to that, we took a dip in the river at a place called Lee Ferry. The water is meltwater, so it is cold!!!
20220525_114352.jpg

Also hit Oatman, cool old mining town where the donkeys
run the place

Thanks for the tips!

We are transplants from Chicago so we are like kids in a candy shop. We are in Prescott valley.

Car is running well.

I got an alignment just before I left since I had torn apart the front end.
20220526_090815.jpg

Looks like something isn't right. These tires were evenly worn when we left, but they won't make the trip at the rate they are going wearing the outside edges.
Crap. I guess I need a mid trip alignment...

Right now, I am sitting on the rim of the Grand Canyon enjoying the sunrise.
View attachment 1289807
Here are a couple of more shots from yesterday:
View attachment 1289820
View attachment 1289823
Here is the beginning of the Grand Canyon, overlook from Navajo Bridge
View attachment 1289824 View attachment 1289824
Prior to that, we took a dip in the river at a place called Lee Ferry. The water is meltwater, so it is cold!!!
View attachment 1289827
My God, that is simply SPECTACULAR!
Bucket list stuff for me for sure - although not likely.

Thank you again so much for sharing your travels with us!

Yeah that water is COLD! Lee's Ferry is where the boat trip from the Dam stops at
If I remember right. So you had a FEA before you left? What's the air pressure at?
Looks like you're making alot of U-Turns! Ha! Sedona is picture purfect! Take a Pink
Jeep tour. Drink some wine. Smoke some, Oh nevermind! Have fun Guys.

So my alignment is fixed. We ended up at the right place in Sedona, and this 'old codger' Mike, who owns an alignment shop there, did my alignment.
20220526_160418.jpg

Mike was a great guy who truly knows his stuff as well as these old cars.

Sure enough, my toe in was bad: I had 13/64" toe in. Spec is 1/8". We also discussed caster and camber specs and we ended up at -0.1* camber and 2.9* caster. Car drives much better now too.

OK, so that problem solved. Now to check out local sights!

This has been a very interesting road trip and love the pictures.
Thank you again for posting and letting everyone follow along with you. So much beautiful country to see and your really making some awesome memories. :thumbsup:
:luvplace: :thankyou::thankyou::thankyou: :usflag::moparsmiley::usflag::usflag: :steering::steering::steering:

Auto Transport Service
Back