• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HD stock over 300.....?

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
Been awhile since trading that one but it was in the high 30's low 40's at the time. Is their markup higher these days?? I know markup is sometimes 300% on the small stuff or it was in the 70's when I used to help my sister and her pos husband when they had their hardware store. Also some things like mulch is sold at cost or below just to bring in customers in the hopes they will buy other things like a new shovel etc etc etc.

If cutting jobs and increasing SELF checkout lanes is the key to profitability, we are screwed....

Increasing no

They shutdown all the self checkouts locally

Increasing no

They shutdown all the self checkouts locally
Haven't been in a HD store in a good while.....only go there if I can't find what I want anywhere else.

All the HD/Lowe's around here share a common trait--maybe two registers with actual humans, usually just one though... and 8-12 self checkouts which have, at a minimum, half of them 'out of service' at any given time, with lines of people waiting to use them. Those places are a pain in the *** these days so I only go there if the local family-owned Ace or Fresno Ag doesn't have what I need. And McMaster-Carr is king for anything I don't need immediately...

I did well with their stock, been a good stock, I bought in early
(worth is about 10+ times what I org. paid)
I don't shop at Home Depot much, none up here or close
we do have a Lowes, took forever to get it approved
I have their stock too same thing, as HD,
I got in before it quadrupled in price, now like 10 times it's org. value...
I don't shop there much either,
I bought my Whirlpool Washer & Dryer,
my Micro, Refer, elect. Stove, 2 Kohler Toilets, all there at good prices,
quality product, delivered free, hauled off the old ones free too
but;
Lumber at our Lowes sucks ***
their tool section is pretty damn good, in a pinch
(we have a Harbor Freight here now too)
but like Lowes, mostly foreign-made :BangHead:

Last edited:
Called HD today. I knew that they would not have the model I was looking for, but they are a distributor for the manufacturer. After 20 minutes of the HD guy unable to figure out the catalog, he told me to order it online. Ugh.

I’m struggling with the new normal.

Auto Transport Service
Back