• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Head input for blower

Probably the best advice me or anyone else could give you is once you get all the parts, call littlefield and tell them what you have and what you want to do. They should be able to tell you how much power its capable of producing the way its currently set up

Believe it or not the boosted stuff is easier on the blocks than N/A, IIIIFFFFFFFFFFFF it's kept out of detonation. We have yet to bust a stock block on my 340 w/roots(13psi), my sons 360 cast crank w/turbo(15-20psi), or my buddy's 440 (no boost gauge?? its fast 5.60@125) that I mentioned previously. They all run at low (less than 7000) rpm and minimal timing.
Doug

One nice thing on this deal is the guy I bought it from gave me his engine builders info. And he said he will help me get set up for what I need. That run Pro Mods and are going to a twin vortex type set up. So he sold this off .

I have seen pic's of a 6-71 bolted to the side of a 2.0 and was running 8's your's should be no more overkill than that.

The engine the blower is on is 8 to 1, it has victor's but I don't have the part # Yet.

Not his engine, your engine.

Or do you have no engine as of yet to put this blower on? If that is so, why big chambered heads when pistons will control the compression? What is your opinion as to what constitutes large combustion chambers? As you can see I'm really confused as to what you are working with. Is it the blower combination only and you have no short block or heads?

As of rite now I have a block and some assorted parts. I wanted to start this build from the top down. In my thinking it is a better way to have a complete system. I was thinking a bigger chamber head for mixture and burn but as you stated I can also do this with pistons. Just saves me a little on Custom made parts. Rite now putting feelers out here to see my options. Better to Now Before I start laying out good money for parts. That's the beauty of this form. You have guys who have been there and done that helping you not make costly mastakes !

I've never been there, but if I just wanted to buy parts and bolt it together I'd get 75cc max wedge heads, a 4.15 stroke crank with 2.20 Chevy journals, 6.700 Chevy rods, forged 24cc dish pistons @ 1.867 compression height for .078" deck height and .075" thick Cometic gaskets. That would give me 8.3:1 compression and I'd be done with it.

Auto Transport Service
Back