• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Head input for blower

wedge69

Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
OK I bought a 14/71 Blower set up with a Indy intake. Wanting to build a RELIABLE Pro street motor and looking for your recommendation for heads ? To use what I have I will need the Victor or Indy heads. Any input is greatly appreciated ! Need to keep the chambers on the large size to keep compression down . Thank you guys !!!!

Indy are much more user friendly as far as valve spring, rocker arm, and push rod.
That being said my buddy runs old Stage 5 iron 440 heads on his GTX with a 6-71, 5.60@125. You don't need much.
Doug

My problem is that the Indy intake won't work with others heads. Got Great deal on the whole set up and as I am starting fresh I would like to use the rite parts the first time. Saved Along time to do this and it my Life long Dream to build a blower Mopar so here we go !!

a 14:71 on the street DAMN, that's allot of blower for a Pro-Sreet,
I see allot of under drive & w-methanol/water injection,
or running straight Methanol, in your future
{unless it's Pro-Street Drag racing class}

I'd suggest to talk with IQ52 about the heads, PM him maybe...

Is the intake a Raised Intake Port or Max Wedge size port {I'd think it would need to be}
the Victors come with 72cc C-C's, raised Intake port,
you would need to machine more combustion chamber,
or go with lower down in the hole or dish forged pistons, to keep compression lower,
there's specialty offset rocker & valve-train pieces needed too...
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/mc/cylinder-heads/chrysler/victor-bb.shtml
http://www.manciniracing.com/heads1.html
also use the search function search out cylinder heads posts {or search for IQ52's posts too}

Indy has cnc'd heads that have more wide range of options
specialty pieces needed too
http://www.indyheads.com/images/31.cat2014.pdf

are you looking to buy used or new parts ??

what's your budget ?? might be a better question

what kind of induction ??
Fuel Injected or Carbureted ??
What fuel type ??
What kind of drive system does it come with ??

The guy is sending me the head part #'s and can grind and so on with the blower. I got it Complete from air scoop to grand pully l its 7 under as sitting (if memory serves me rite) but I can change the drive ratio when needed . This thing is taken rite off and bolt on deal. Its still on motor and he sent me a video taken at the same time of it running. For the price I got it for I could sell it off in parts and by new ! But why ??
You know how long I have been trying to do this Bart ! I am Super stoked !!!!! And thought this was a good place to start ? Top down .

sounds like if your happy, that's what counts,
we'll {I'll} try to help you where we {or I} can

let us know all the details, we'll {I'll} try to help or cheer you on anyway...LOL

photos when you get the stuff too, that will help maybe,
or it's good engine/car **** anyway

sounds like it's coming together,
good luck I love the looks & performance of a roots blower,
haven't ran any for a while now
{wasn't in a street combo either, top sportsman/Door slammer & my altered, last I ran}
a few parts are little different, but same concepts

Is this you?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/261755668463?_mwBanner=1
Somebody got a hell of a deal.

You might be able to sell or trade your intake for one that will work on other heads. But damn, 14-71? Thats a big one. Good deal though. I think you will be happy with it. You wont have to work it hard to move the amount of air you want to move. It will run cooler. Whats done to the bottom end? What cc are the chambers of the head choices? Listen to me asking you these questions. Hahaha.

Intake should fit anything that's opened up to Max wedge port window. Edelbrocks can easily be opened up.
Doug

Intake should fit anything that's opened up to Max wedge port window. Edelbrocks can easily be opened up.
Doug
I thought there was something up with the indy heads. They had a different bolt pattern or something. I could be wrong but i thought you had to run an indy intake on indy heads in some instances

Alex. Yes that's the one ! To tell ya I never thought I would get so lucky !?!?
I haven't started on the bottom end yet as I wanted to start from the top down. I told me he has Victor (eddy) heads on it but I think that are the Max wedge port so I need a set like them to work with.

Alex. Yes that's the one ! To tell ya I never thought I would get so lucky !?!?
I haven't started on the bottom end yet as I wanted to start from the top down. I told me he has Victor (eddy) heads on it but I think that are the Max wedge port so I need a set like them to work with.
Thats awesome. Congrats. If the only thing to the intake is the max wedge port size, like dvw said, the eddys can be opened up that much

Going to look into my options just need a big chamber to keep the compression down in the 8's
I see you got your Bee done. Looks good my friend ! You need to swing in the shop some weekend . do some bench racing !! Like the good old days.

Going to look into my options just need a big chamber to keep the compression down in the 8's
I see you got your Bee done. Looks good my friend ! You need to swing in the shop some weekend . do some bench racing !! Like the good old days.
It isnt done yet. Close. I was building a 440 for it, then a 6.1 gen 3 srt motor fell in my lap so i went that route. Its almost ready to put together. Waiting on the oil pan ordered. Once i get all the pieces together i plan to document the progress on here. Like im sure you will with that monster huffer. Damn thats bad ***

What compression ratio is the engine right now and what heads does it have on it?

What compression ratio is the engine right now and what heads does it have on it?
The engine the blower is on is 8 to 1, it has victor's but I don't have the part # Yet.

If they are the victor heads with max wedge ports these should be the specs
*Cylinder Head Specifications:Combustion chamber volume:*72cc
Intake runner volume:*280cc /290cc (Raised .650")
Exhaust runner volume:*100cc (Raised .250")
Intake valve diameter:*2.20"
Exhaust valve diameter:*1.81"
Valve stem diameter:*11/32"
Valve guides:*Manganese bronzeDeck thickness:*5/8"
Valve spring diameter:*N/A
Valve spring maximum lift:*N/A
Rocker stud:*N/A
Guideplate:*N/A
Pushrod diameter:*3/8"
Valve angle:*15°
Exhaust port location:*Raised .250"
Spark plug fitment:*14mm x 3/4 reach, gasket seat

i probably do some -1 heads. 14-71 will blow a stock bottom end all the way to china.

Only if you Boost the crap out of it. Just because its a big buffer doesn't mean you have to spool it way up. 5 to 7 psi is plenty on a pro street car. Also I am Not planning on running a Stock bottom end. Just starting at the top and building my way down that way everything works together.
Alex you sit and read to much !LOL !!!!! But I can always count on ya Brother !!!

Awesome deal on that blower!!

Looks like a 14mm drive.
BDS has the best pricing on pulleys.
Definitely have your crankshaft double keyed!

Best of luck on your project.

I am looking at a crank set up for that . not planning on Racing it just a big toy I always wanted to play with.

Auto Transport Service
Back