• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Header selection 440 6bbl

Jason69 RR

Local time
3:16 PM
Reaction score
I know the topic has been covered extensively in previous posts.... I am in the market for headers for the Runner... 440 6BBL, nothing radical done to the motor. Mild cam. Living in Canada, the exchange rate for the dollar would kill me on a set of TTI's. So I turn to you guys.... the experts on FBBO. What should I go Hooker? Doug's?.... Running 2 1/2 inch exhaust, Flowmaster 40 series delta for mufflers. As always I value your input and suggestions. Thanks everyone.

Jason:headbang:

Cross the border and get them from Mancinni Racing
(TTIs)

It's about a 4 hour drive to Mancinni Racing for you.
Take the wife and kids, go for lunch and pick up the Headers and drive back.

I voted TTI's also, for a bolt on "usually a great fit"
Dougs are a good choice too

Schumacher Creative Services are a good choice also
Step headers or a tri-y design works well also

Heddman makes a decent 1-3/4" tube shorty header, with a 2-1/2" collector,
that fit relatively well too
better flow than the OE HP iron manifolds,
but less TQ than the long tube headers, with noticeable HP increase

what ever you get, I'd suggest getting the ceramic coating

no need for more than a 1-7/8" tube for that style/type combo

Yup,
And he can DRIVE to pick them up.
Make it a "Day-trip"
Driving from Toronto to Clinton Townshiop MI isn't that bad.
Hell, I drove from Edwards to San Jose and back for a set of 1988 Toyota Pick-up seats for "Ol Lucky"
A "turn N burn" , 12 hours...
Left at 3AM and arrived home at 3:15 PM

You are awesome as usual Bud. Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

1 US dollar is gonna cost me $1.33 of my hard earned Canadian Funny money...... man .......what a kick in the stones.

I have 2" Ceramic Coated Doug's Jason, Zero fitment issues. No banging or forcing anything to fit, they look fantastic and on zverage about $300 cheaper than TTI.

- - - Updated - - -

One more piece of advice. Throw out whatever gaskets they come with and use something better. My recommendation is Remflex (Graphite) although I know some people like Percy's aluminum. I actually have a brand new set of Percy's sitting in my cupboard because I went with the Remflex

Thanks Goon, I was looking at their website a little earlier. Are you running a mini starter?

I second the Dougs. Although I don't have the motor in yet they look great and seems like plenty of room for the starter (they advertise OEM or mini starters fit IIRC). If money wasn't a factor of course I would of rather had TTI but after owning these I don't see much room for improvement to justify the extra cost.

Next time, I'm looking at what Dougs has to offer. I've bought 2 sets of TTIs and like their quality, but they rape you on the price.
Come on, TTI...You have had the patterns to build these headers for years, the R&D is done yet the price is still 30% more than Dougs. In many other industries, the price drops after awhile.

Auto Transport Service
Back