• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headers which ones

19 69 GTX

Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
Doing a swap on a 69 RR was going to use the hooker bkackheart headers and their mounts but I'm not if they even make them anymore. Looked on Holleys site and it shows unavailable. What's my options with headers only tti. I know they won't work with the holley engine mounts thas what tti says. The holley mounts move engine forward so the intake clears clears at back of engine right. So if the tti mounts don't move forward what are my options. I've done a swap before in a e body and the holley kit worked ok. Does anyone know if the US Car Tool engine mounts will work with tti headers.

Swap from what to what?

Since this is in the New Hemi section I assume the OP is going to a G3 Hemi. I am using TTI, I cannot say enough about how well they fit and are made. I am also running them on my 416 stroker in my Cuda and the fitment is awesome.

I will say this, whatever headers you go with make sure to either use their motor mounts or get their recommendation for mounts. TTI wants you to use theirs (as does Holley) and will not guarantee fitment unless you do.

Since this is in the New Hemi section I assume the OP is going to a G3 Hemi. I am using TTI, I cannot say enough about how well they fit and are made. I am also running them on my 416 stroker in my Cuda and the fitment is awesome.

I will say this, whatever headers you go with make sure to either use their motor mounts or get their recommendation for mounts. TTI wants you to use theirs (as does Holley) and will not guarantee fitment unless you do.

Yes I called tti and he said their headers won't fit without their mounts. That's fine but will engine and trans fit in there like it did with the holley swap. Holley mounts move engine forward tti does not. If I use tti headers and mounts what trans mount kit would I use. My last swap was all holley and it fit fine.

Curious will Durango manifolds fit a B body. I have a set handy

Yes I called tti and he said their headers won't fit without their mounts. That's fine but will engine and trans fit in there like it did with the holley swap. Holley mounts move engine forward tti does not. If I use tti headers and mounts what trans mount kit would I use. My last swap was all holley and it fit fine.
I don't know where the Holley stuff put the engine/trans but the TTI puts the engine forward at least they did in my application (71 Charger). I am using a SST TKX 5 speed and they provided a mount so I cannot speak to that other than to say they fit with the TTI mounts.

IMG_7654.jpg
IMG_7655.jpg
IMG_7656.jpg
IMG_7657.jpg

I used the TTI headers and mounts in my Cuda and had no clearance problems at all. I don't think firewall and wiper motor clearance is an issue in the B & E bodies like it is in the A bodies.

The TTI mounts did NOT move the engine forward in my car, the 727 bolted right up to the stock trans mount and cross member.

I used the TTI headers and mounts in my Cuda and had no clearance problems at all. I don't think firewall and wiper motor clearance is an issue in the B & E bodies like it is in the A bodies.

The TTI mounts did NOT move the engine forward in my car, the 727 bolted right up to the stock trans mount and cross member.

Ok but I'm curious if the holley trans cross member will work with the tti mounts. I'm using a 8hp70 trans

I agree, I thought they did until I really look at where my engine landed.

Ok but I'm curious if the holley trans cross member will work with the tti mounts. I'm using a 8hp70 trans
That is probably something you'll just have to try to find out. I wouldn't be surprised if you have to make some mods to make it work, that's usually the case when mixing engine swap parts from different companies.

That is probably something you'll just have to try to find out. I wouldn't be surprised if you have to make some mods to make it work, that's usually the case when mixing engine swap parts from different companies.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking..may just need to weld and extension to holley trans adapter plate..

Auto Transport Service
Back