• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heading up to see Don's place today

IMG_0259.jpeg
IMG_0260.jpeg
IMG_0261.jpeg
IMG_0262.jpeg
IMG_0263.jpeg
IMG_0264.jpeg

wow ! what a show ! you had to be there all day ! it’s been years since i’ve been there . looks like it has grown !

wow ! what a show ! you had to be there all day ! it’s been years since i’ve been there . looks like it has grown !

Since I was last there in 1985, he's added an engine room, a hot rod room & a separate car museum building. We were there for a couple of hours & you could spend all day there if you studied and read everything. There's just so much to see and for a Monday, it was pretty busy. If you ever go to Florida, it's a must see!

Since I was last there in 1985, he's added an engine room, a hot rod room & a separate car museum building. We were there for a couple of hours & you could spend all day there if you studied and read everything. There's just so much to see and for a Monday, it was pretty busy. If you ever go to Florida, it's a must see!
Thanks for all the great pics!

I’ve got to get there some day.

Anybody got any questions you want me to ask him?

What's Don's secret to staying so full of life? Isn't he writing a book on the subject of longevity? BTW, he's 92.

Last edited:
I was last there in early 2000's
looks like a few added cars, seems like less room between stuff
it was a sensory overload when I was there last

he was/had started/working on his electric dragster IIRC

did they still have the
(Joe Pisano's drag racing contribution, besides Venolia & Childs & Alberts)
JP1 fully assembled, record holding back then IIRC
a Blown 500cid Hemi Top Fuel Engine, injector to pan, there too ?
it was in bag *** plastic/acrylic style box on display, by all the dragsters

thanks for taking the time & sharing

I've watched a bunch of his tours (& Competition Plus)
& storied videos on Youtube of late

Thanks Mark for taking and posting those pictures. What a fine collection of automobilia! Be safe out there!

We were there in 2009. It's overwhelming, and as RC said, if you really read it all, it would take all day or more. I always thought how cool it would be to see what's in all of the other buildings that aren't open to the public, too. The museum is just a fraction of what he has, I'm sure. These pics make me want to go back.

The Navy plaque reminded me of this recruitment poster. I've had it probably 50 years.

Big Daddy.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back