• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headlights motor Internal wiring diagram

strokie

Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to know if someone can help me with the way to solder all the wiring inside the motor.
My friend give me the disassemble motor, everything looks good inside and out side.
Thanks

Thanks for this information.
I try to find internal wiring for headlights motor but it looks like it's not in the schematic diagram.
I think I will remove one of my headlight motor and see what it looks like inside.
No it is not, was not sure if you were wiring up the headlight motors or fixing one. Kind of a self learning process to fix one of these motors. A friend does this as part of his business. Todd's Restorations – 66-67 Charger restoration

Todd does good work but he's not one to divulge in house information.
Mostly because he doesn't want to be blamed for something he didn't do when someone else screws up the job.

Topher is a little more easy going.

I agree with you.
But before I ship my motor to Todd or Topher I will make a visual check, I have a good working motor it will be good a good reference.
I will connect the wiring the way it's supposed to be and see...
Thanks everyone for the help

The headlight motor may seem very intimidating and they can be. This past weekend I decided to try my luck and dive into one. This motor did not work before I took it apart. I took everything apart and sandblasted the housing. I did not take the windings apart just cleaned them and the brushes up. Same with all the plastic gears just cleaned up and greased them. After reassembly the motor works perfectly fine in both directions. Picture shows before and after

20240216_193356.jpg

20240214_194645.jpg

20240215_064741.jpg

The headlight motor may seem very intimidating and they can be. This past weekend I decided to try my luck and dive into one. This motor did not work before I took it apart. I took everything apart and sandblasted the housing. I did not take the windings apart just cleaned them and the brushes up. Same with all the plastic gears just cleaned up and greased them. After reassembly the motor works perfectly fine in both directions. Picture shows before and after

View attachment 1617003

View attachment 1617004

View attachment 1617005
Is there a thermal interrupter in there?

View attachment 1617003

View attachment 1617004

View attachment 1617005
Can you make a close up picture of the the connections under the fiber plate.
I would like to see were wires are connected to the top fiber plate.
Thanks

Tips to improve headlights motor when you rebuilt it.
Under the 2 brushes holder you have a thermal interrupter, the problem is after years the 2 rivets became loose and poor connection happens.
Those rivets overheat and make problems.
Rivets remove and new hardware installed.
IMG_20240303_152145.jpg

IMG_20240228_142808.jpg

IMG_20240228_142839.jpg
IMG_20240303_152157.jpg
IMG_20240303_152341.jpg
IMG_20240228_141033.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back