• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heisman Throphy winner 1994 won't be down for breakfast

Budnicks

Jackstand racer #1 & proud of it, Sir Posts A Lot
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:54 AM
Reaction score
Rashaan Salaam former Colorado Univ. Football star
& 1994 Heisman Trophy winner, former Chicago Bear
Died Dec. 5th, from what they said appeared to be a
self inflicted gunshot wound in the head...

Didn't see much else, sorry no link just saw it in passing,
thought I'd share...
Not sure of all the circumstances either, just speculations...
I wonder if he had lingering concussion issues too ?
Coroner in the blurb I read was it was considered a suicide...

Sad he took his own life...
I think that's a cowards way out too, but not knowing the facts
I'll just doo the respectful thing & say RIP

42 is way to young to die, can't imagine why either...

Selfish act. The ultimate act of a coward. Used drugs by choice. The 38 next to me will never be used to coward out regardless of circumstances.

A
Sad place to be, mentally.
A mental disorder perhaps. The ultimate cowardly act. Friends and family will always wonder what THEY could have done to prevent this. Only a coward would subject loved ones to this.

Fukin' hell ... whatever the reason, no one knows the exact torment in another person's mind, heart & soul when they get to this point. Everyone's threshold for pain (physically & mentally) is different. For those who are big f'n badasses in this life and can handle the most devastating of things that life has to throw at them, then lucky f'n them! Or, maybe they're lucky that they haven't had to face some of the most horrific things in life. Not everything in this life is black & white although I'm sure some would disagree.

Today, I visited the burial site of my best friend's father (who was like a father to me). He was a WWII vet and fought in the European campaign with the Timerwolves. He passed 3 weeks ago on Pearl Harbor Day. After visiting him, I walked around the mausoleum and paid close attention to so many of the couples buried next to/with each other. Although this was of no surprise to me, I noticed that many of the remaining spouses passed within months of each other. No doubt from broken hearts.

My best friend's mother (who was also like a mother to me) could not even make it to the service because she couldn't bring herself to say good-bye. As an alcoholic who has been sober for 25+ years, she started drinking to escape the pain and on top of that stopped eating. She is now in the hospital and the outcome does not look good. Her husband was her life. She is facing complete and utter devastation. We all believe she (like so many other remaining spouses who have spent the majority of their lives together) are willing themselves to die and in a sense committing suicide due to their heartbreak. Are they cowards? F NO! They are human beings whose lives have been shattered because the person they loved most in this world is gone. Is Debbie Reynolds a coward? I'm pretty sure she also willed herself (out of grief) to pass on. I heard her lasts words were, "I want to be with Carrie".

So, before we pass judgement on others who could see no other alternative than to take their lives, try (at least try) to put yourselves in their shoes. I realize it's difficult for some because again, everything is so black & white to them. Maybe a little (just a little) compassion is in order
(especially if the circumstances show that it is ).

Auto Transport Service
Back