• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello All!

Mopar_426

Local time
6:31 PM
Reaction score
Hello from Ontario Canada!

I've been a lurker for some time and have just joined as I have acquired my first B-Body!

I was fortunate enough to acquire my dream car recently. A 1969 Dodge Charger. Canadian car with 75,000 original miles. It's a 383 4BBL, automatic, 3.23 8 3/4 SureGrip, white interior with bucket seats, console, power windows and Tic Toc Tach.

Numbers matching engine and Trans and all original sheet metal. The car is unrestored but in phenomenal shape. Runs strong and tight. A great driver!

That said, I've decided to make it a project. So, here's the skinny:

The previous owner changed the color to Hemi Orange at some point. It looks spectacular but it was originally R4 Red. (my color of choice) so it's being repainted back to R4. I originally wanted a black interior but the white looks absolutely stunning so I think I can live with it.

As luck would have it, the gentleman that sold me the car had a 69 426 HEMI on the shelf that he was saving for a project of his own. He offered it to me while we were doing the deal for the car. After a few hours of discussion and contemplation, I owned the car and the engine! The engine has been refreshed and it's sitting on a HEMI K-Frame. Some minor work is being done to achieve an OE look for when it's time to install. (Black wrinkle finish on the valve covers, spark plug wire brackets, oil breather caps, etc.)

The rad is being upgraded to a 26" along with the fan shroud, fan and clutch, HEMI trans cooler and lines.

Unfortunately the car is not an R/T but the torsion bars have been upgraded to the 0.92 440/HEMI bars at some point. The car was born with drum brakes up front but they've also been upgraded to discs somewhere along the line.

When the mechanical and body work is complete I'm having the headliner and carpet replaced. The seats are in excellent shape and are in need of a good detailing along with the rest of the interior. The car will be getting R/T badges, an R/T stripe and whatever other details are needed. I've got a set of 15x8 Magnum 500's on order and still have to decide on tires. Either red lines or BFG Radial TA's with the raised white letters.

This is my first project car. The gentleman that sold me the car is doing all of the engine and mechanical and a body shop that I've been doing business with for years is taking care of the body and paint. I don't have the skillset or the time to properly complete any of this work. I just get to decide which direction to go with the project! I've had a blast searching and ordering parts! Everyone I've talked to in this industry/hobby has been an absolute pleasure to deal with! So friendly and knowledgeable.

I'm so incredibly excited about this car! Still in disbelief that I actually got the opportunity to buy the car and that things came together the way they did!

Thanks for having me and for reading my long winded first post! I've already mined this site for plenty of information and I'm sure I'm going to need much more as time goes on.

I know I'm going to get asked so I'll finish by saying I WILL post some pics very soon!

Last edited:
Welcome from Bishop, CA!
This sounds like an incredible Charger!
Can't wait for those pics

HI!!
200.gif?cid=790b7611vrohn6il2icbd1u2hjsi3kyrysrmwn3msrx9c6f3&rid=200.gif

.....from B.C. :)

newwelcome.jpg
Sounds awesome - and expensive as hell. :thumbsup:
I'd skip the R/T badging though - the clone/tribute/whatever has gotten beyond
stale at this point.

welcome to FBBO sounds like a good project keep us posted

Welcome from Missouri!!

Welcome to FBBO from Vermont! Heard an ad on the radio yesterday about making dates to visit Montreal as the border is finally opening back up. We miss being able to visit Canada...

Welcome from Illinois USA and thanks for sharing your story of this dream car in the making!

Welcome from North Florida.
Yeah we are definitely going to need some pictures of the car and hemi motor.
:xscuseless:

Last edited:
Welcome from the other side of the lake (where the lake effect piles up).
Hope your project goes well.
Please show some pictures.
Sounds like you found a nice one.

Welcome from Alabama, sounds like a great project.

Welcome to FBBO. It sounds like you have a great project Charger there! Plus a Hemi. I think a white tail stripe on all that red would look good with the matching white interior. Just my opinion, but your car. With us both being in Ontario, maybe I will see it sometime.

Sounds like a nice car to start with
426 Hemi upgrade sounds great too

welcome to FBBO from Sunny NorCal Sierras

Auto Transport Service
Back