• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello, B-Body-philes!

Welcome! You said MG “Midget”. :)
Yep!

Steve&Midget.jpg

@69 Sleeper Bee: When I signed up I had to create a name, and 69 Charger was the first thing that came to me, but I was focusing more on the issue with my Charger that caused me to sign up than I was of me. In hindsight, I'm also surprised that name wasn't already taken.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! Several years ago I was a member of the Classic Charger forum; but it seemed to me that most of those folks were building General Lee replicas, or more interested in talking about the modern Chargers. So far, I'm finding this forum much more worth my time.
Oh, I think everyone will agree that this forum is worth more time than any other. Even if you like E bodies or C bodies, you'll find useful stuff here. If you're into Camaros or Cougars, you'll find this place more interesting than those dedicated sites. If you like steam engines, or fighter planes, this is the place to be. This is the best forum that the internet has to offer. :)

Thanks for the welcome! I did use CHAHJAH as the avatar. Can I change my screen name?

69 Charger is a great screen name! I too am surprised it wasn't already taken. Your CHAHJAH plate is also a great avatar for a North Carolina car. I'd keep 'em both.:thumbsup:

69 Charger is a great screen name! I too am surprised it wasn't already taken. Your CHAHJAH plate is also a great avatar for a North Carolina car. I'd keep 'em both.:thumbsup:
CHAHJAH was the actual officially-assigned plate when my Charger was on the road. Having taken it off the road and terminated its registration, I gave up the plate. North Carolina allows a car older than 35 years to use a "year of manufacturing" license plate, and I still have the original 1969 Alabama plate (nothing in the law is mentioned that the "year of manufacture" plate has to be one issued by the state of North Carolina), so I have been considering reinstalling the original Alabama plate). But, on my Austin-Healey I have a specially-made replica 1966 North Carolina plate with the name TARHEELY on it. The Healey is actually registered with an "antique vehicle" plate for tax purposes, and that plate is kept under the seat (the law allows that) in case the TARHEELY plate is ever questioned. Nobody has, since 2009. North Carolina is very friendly concerning registration of classic vehicles. I could also register the Charger as an antique vehicle, and have a replica CHAHJAH plate made -- either a 1969 Alabama or North Carolina plate. Lots of options available.

License plate (reduced).jpg

Welcome from Missouri!!

Welcome from NY.

I don't like old geezers either and sadly I'm turning into one.
Getting mad at myself.

69 Sleeper Bee: The only time I considered selling the Charger was in 1973 during the first gas crisis. Gee, whiz! How could we afford to feed that monster engine at 50 cents per gallon?
@69 Charger, You have a few years on me as I was 10 years old then. I do remember you could only fill up on odd or even days based on your tags last number. What really pissed me off about that was my dad sold his 66 Oldsmobile Delta 88 that had a 425 c.i. 4bbl with dual exhaust that would haul *** ( I was 10 so it seemed way fast to me at the time ) and bought the family a 1968 Volkswagen Beetle because of the gas prices being so "high".
If he were alive today he would flip to know I just filled up my Coronet 440 with high test for $5.31 gal.

@69 Charger, You have a few years on me as I was 10 years old then. I do remember you could only fill up on odd or even days based on your tags last number. What really pissed me off about that was my dad sold his 66 Oldsmobile Delta 88 that had a 425 c.i. 4bbl with dual exhaust that would haul *** ( I was 10 so it seemed way fast to me at the time ) and bought the family a 1968 Volkswagen Beetle because of the gas prices being so "high".
If he were alive today he would flip to know I just filled up my Coronet 440 with high test for $5.31 gal.
I remember my father-in-law visiting us in Alabama once and bragging about how he had just filled up his car for 15 cents a gallon! We drove CHAHJAH to Denver in July 1973, just after the gas crisis started. I didn't really have any problems on the way out, but once there I had to get up early in the morning and top off the tank because later the stations would be empty. And there was no guarantee they would have any the next day, either. I felt that I had to keep enough in the tank to get us away from Denver. No problems on the way home, either.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back