• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Jersey

Hey guys,
I bought it! I could only get the guy down 100 bucks but hey... Anyways went to a car show this morning and when i said i wasn't showing the car just here to look, he said "I can't do that, i'm making you park over there beside that Judge." sweet!
Anways, this car is awesome haha. Ran around all day today and had so many people pull up beside me taking pictures, thumbs up, yelling sweet ride, etc. Put about 70miles on it since getting it home yesterday runs great. Very responsive. Glad my dad was helping me this morning when i was washing and waxing it i opened the hood to spray it when he told me you better cover that stuff up or your not going to be able to start it up for awhile. It cleans up very nice, It's an easy 5ft car. A few spots where the paint is faded and flaked, went over it with a magnet and only found 2 spots where it wouldn't stick. (a 2"x2" spot on the passenger side door and a similar spot behind the rear wheel.) Body is almost lazer straight only problems are both doors, but i think it's because they each have a shim on the top and bottom. I think it will line up better with out them. I was planning on striping the paint and fixing any flaws under the paint last, But the more and more i look at everything that's pretty much the only thing besides the chrome on the bumpers and trim.
Btw, What all is there to cloning this to look like a RoadRunner? Just the body decals basically? Not going all out clone but for now trying to make it look like one to the average person who doesn't know all the details and whatnot...

Oh ya anyone know the size of the gas tank these came with? I was thinking they're around 20gal?

Shims in the doors??

You would need a road runner hood. and the grill and headlight bezels are painted differently on a runner than on a Satellite. Then you need the emblems and birds on the doors, trunk, and dash.

Welcome "69clone" Good Job on your purchase! You will get your money's worth of fun out of this car for sure!

welcome and congrats on your buy.i think they had 21 gal tanks on RR and sats.

Thanks guys,
Sorry i meant the front fenders. Thats good to know,I was planning on replacing just about everything on that list lol.
I'll have to take a few pictures it cleaned up very nicely.

Auto Transport Service
Back