• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Jersey

69clone

Local time
12:16 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been searching for a good old muscle car since i was about 15 (18 now) and i think i may have found it but I though i would ask for your opinions.
It is a 69' Plum Crazy Purple Satellite with a 318 4bl. The original owner stored it in his garage for 30+ years (never drove it after his wife died shortly after buying it since it was her car) The original owner sold it to the guy who has it now about 4-5 years ago and he redid a few things like brakes and rebuilt the motor (He has been a mechanic for 35 years and said he did everything right) Added a mild cam, headers, heads, etc. He completely redid the interior and it looks good (black leather) with the wood trim on the center column and steering wheel. (Assume thats how they came) The only flaws were behind both rear wheels there were a few bubbles in the paint and the inside of the glove box was missing, but everything else was rust free. even pulled out the trunk liner to show that the metal was nearly mint and not a single spot of rust. The Vin RH23 F9G. I was wondering if anyone would mind giving me a price range for this? I'll try to get some of the pictures up for you. Also he gave me a picture of the build sheet and i was wondering if anyone could help decode it or link me to a site? I was trying to figure out the original color of the interior/exterior and stuff to see if it's correct or what it originally was.
Thanks guys :)

Welcome. Doesn't sound like there is much left original on the car (leather and purple paint) and that will greatly adversely affect the value....at least as far as most in the hobby are concerned.

HOWEVER......when it comes down to it, the only one who has to consider the value is someone interested in owning it. If it's what you really want, then what anyone else says doesn't matter much

Welcome to the site, ...................Plum Crazy was introduced for 1970 model year, so the color isn't original.

Sounds like a nice find. I highly doubt the plum crazy is original. There are plenty of guys on here that could help you out for decoding, or even google mopar broadcast sheet codes.

As far as price, throw up some pic's. A car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, but I'm sure these guys could probably get you in the ball park.

Good luck and welcome to FBBO

Thanks guys,
I'll have to check out that link. Did they have any purple? I could be wrong... Also my dad said it isn't leather, it's plether or something?
3o73p03l05O25V35X2a4ic39d317835431b9d.jpg
3n93oc3l45P35X45S6a4id2c81f4d1d8a1ab8.jpg
3k73o53l35O15Q15P1a4i5b80125b91d61c7c.jpg

Here's a few pictures

Do you want to sell the car, or just enjoy it? The nice thing about a 318 car is that no one will ever give you **** about making it what you want it to be! But it will only be worth what someone wants to pay for it. A "purist" wont give you **** for it, but the next guy will, cause its everything they wanted! I'm building my 74 RR for me, its a 318 car and I dont care what its worth, or what folks think, cause its for me!

Yeah. I mean of course it's for me. I want to get into rebuilding and restoring classics but since this will be my first car i just want something i can make my own. If i got it i'd like to find a 440 or something to rebuild over next winter to drop in it. Maybe make it a 440 six pack roadrunner clone or a gtx clone idk... I always wanted a big block with a blower sticking out the hood. I mean i know i won't get what i put into it back but i'd still like to recover some. I don't plan on selling this unless i had to. But i don't want to have 20grand into something that i could only get 10 out of (I doubt that would happen unless i did a crappy job)

welcome looks like a pretty solid car my first one had to be towed home nice to be able to drive while you work on it !!!!!!

Thank you,
Yeah, This has no problems. We all agreed you could take it to a car show and get alot of attention. I also like the fact that i could have a fake 20-30k car with a few badges and clone work.

Hmm i must not have done the vin decoder thing right but it gave me alot of info!
anyways here is most of the vin,
E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D31: A904 3-Speed Auto Trans.
T7: Dark Bronze Metallic Exterior Color
H1X: Trim - High, Unknown, Black
X9: Black Int. Door Frames
106: Build Date: January 06
331088: Order number

A01: Unknown Top Color
A14: 69 only Chrysler/Plymouth Spring Special w/ vinyl top
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M31: Belt Moldings

M33: Body Side Moldings
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V1T: Unknown
26: 26in Radiator
END: End of Sales Codes

Kind of interesting to find out and to think the original owner got rid of the vinyl top and exterior color lol

H1X is High bench in cloth and vinyl
A01 is light package
V1T is tan vinyl top

Thanks guys,
Yeah he is pretty firm on 8,500 but i think if i can get it in the 7's I'll be happy! What do you guys think? Seems like even the Satellites are getting hard to find, only 1 on ebay and a handful for sale in my area.

Hmm i must not have done the vin decoder thing right but it gave me alot of info!
anyways here is most of the vin,
E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D31: A904 3-Speed Auto Trans.
T7: Dark Bronze Metallic Exterior Color
H1X: Trim - High, Unknown, Black
X9: Black Int. Door Frames
106: Build Date: January 06
331088: Order number

A01: Unknown Top Color
A14: 69 only Chrysler/Plymouth Spring Special w/ vinyl top
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M31: Belt Moldings

M33: Body Side Moldings
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V1T: Unknown
26: 26in Radiator
END: End of Sales Codes

Kind of interesting to find out and to think the original owner got rid of the vinyl top and exterior color lol

code A14 ??? so is this plymouths version of a white hat special ????

welcome would make a great pro touring car . I hope you get it . Put a new hemi drive train in it .

Whats that mean? A white vinyl top?
Thanks, I don't know if i'd call it so much a pro touring car plans but i'd like to get it running 11-10's but still something i could take to car shows. Just heard pinks all outs going to be in my area again so that would be cool to take this car :) is a new hemi drive train a better choice?

Alright guys, I am going tomorrow to check it out, Bringing the cash with me hopefully we can work a deal out. Still seems really firm on 8,500 but we'll see. He said there's other stuff to go with the car so maybe i can sell that. (set of wheels,parts,etc)

Auto Transport Service
Back