• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hello from México

coronet68mx

Local time
5:52 PM
Reaction score
Hello from México my name is León Montejano and i live in the city of Uruapan Michoacan thank you for reading my forum am in the process of restoration of an 1968 dodge coronet 440, the Coronet 440 sold in México was a little bit differrent that the one sold in usa, the only two engines avaliables was the slant six and the 318 but it was a more powerfull engine that the one sold in the Usa the "mexican " 318 have 340 cylinder heads and a forged crankshaft the result of this mods was 270 hp, besides the 440 have the trim package wich means rally dash board and crome everywhere.

My Coronet 440 was sold in México in december 1968 it was caramel red three speed manual transmission in the steering column, rally dashboard, and a 318 v8, drum brakes the carr was sold again in 1970 to a lady in michoacan and she kept the car for 34 years you may think the car was in olmost mint condition but NO she sold the car again in 2004 and the idiot who bought the car use for drag racing repaint the car in a horrible white/ blue scheme the moron even make a hole in the hood thinking that the car it was goig to be "faster" he remove the original steering wheel and put a very small one that look like a toy, he remove the original radio remove the back seat and so on.

because of the abuse this stupid broke the engine, and sold the car to a mechanic who left the car in a yard thats when i saw the carmn thanks to my wife she want tacos and the mechanich shop was next to the taco restaurant when we leaving the restaurant i inmediatly stop beliving it was a charger but no but it doen not matter b bodies are very hard to spot here in México i inmediatly fell in love with the car and i bought it (like everyone else in the late 30 or 40 years want a charger but my coronet is more then fine.

Like most of the guys in this Forum all the stuff that i buy for the car mus be hiddem from the wife (am not the exeption) i buy a lot os stuff for the car my plan is to paint the Coronet in qq1 bright metallic blue and the engine it is going to be a modern hemi swap

pics soon and of all the stuff i buy thank you again and have a nice day

hi and welcome to the site ,post some photos of your 68 Coronet :headbang:

I love reading about "non-USA" spec Mopars.

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing pics.

Glad you're going to save the car, welcome and post some pics for us. Great story too.

Welcome, glad to have you here. :wav:

It'll be interesting to see your Coronet, especially the hi-performance 318. Good luck with the restoration!

Hola Leon. That is a great story and good luck on the build. Welcome to FBBO.

Welcome from Pennsylvania!

Great story, and glad you are fixing the car! Please share some pictures of the car - we'd love to see it.

no my car look like this one( use to) this is a fine example of a coronet 1968 built in mexico 8860515-3.jpg

thank you guys here are some pics of my car
my DSC_0117.jpg car

TURNS OUT THAT NO ONE HERE HAVE A SAND BLASTER MACHINE (even less a rotissiere people think it is a machine for chikens) so i buy a small sand blaster gun but it needs a lot f air and in my bussines i have a huge air compressor and thats why the car is park outside my store

DSC_0124.jpg
this work very well indeed

DSC_0118.jpg another view

DSC_0120.jpg
dash pads in very good shape
DSC_0127.jpg
my "new " steering wheel for all the purist i know this is not a 68 it is a 69&up
but this is as good as it gets and besides the steering wheel is in very good shape

DSC_0132.jpg
dash frame and the only girl in my house who does not bother me
about my old car (her name is giggles)
DSC_0123 (1).jpg
giggles

DSC_0125.jpg
new emblems and other stuff

DSC_0121.jpg
suspension parts

DSC_0128.jpg
part numbers

DSC_0126.jpg

steering and brake parts
i also have the disk brakes from a 1973 valiant and for what i search
those are the correct ones to replace my front drums but i already
order new rotors
DSC_0129.jpg
new water tank

DSC_0122.jpg
i know this is not the best brand but as i told you before as good as it gets

DSC_0131.jpg
need new crome i(i have the set of 4)

DSC_0136.jpg
"new" hurst shifter

DSC_0134 (1).jpg

whats left of the id plate some idiot remove it and left it in the trunk
F05-0118154.jpg

i know it is from a a body but it fits a b body and here in mexico is the
only a-833 avaliable i also have the bell housing
102_1438.jpg

"new radio"(that is not me holding the radio )
IMG03838-20120402-1333.jpg

i also have ths pcm from a 2004 ram for my swap and the accelerato fron a truckand other parts thank you guys for reading my post

DSC_0117.jpg DSC_0124.jpg DSC_0118.jpg DSC_0120.jpg DSC_0127.jpg DSC_0132.jpg DSC_0123 (1).jpg DSC_0125.jpg DSC_0128.jpg DSC_0121.jpg DSC_0126.jpg DSC_0129.jpg DSC_0122.jpg DSC_0131.jpg DSC_0136.jpg DSC_0134 (1).jpg F05-0118154.jpg 102_1438.jpg IMG03838-20120402-1333.jpg

Buena Suerte! keep us posted and TAKE MUCHAS FOTOGRAFIAS!!! lol

:worthless_thread:

Let me ask you one question...what does the face of the radio say?

Gracias

Auto Transport Service
Back