• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello From Texas

PappyJoe

Local time
9:01 AM
Reaction score
Thought I'd say a quick hello. Look forward to the information I hope to get and the contacts I hope to make. I have a long way to go to reach my goal of having her ready for the Summer Street Nationals in DeQuoin next year. Something like T minus 345 days and counting. A lot to accomplish in that time.

I have a 1971 Plymouth Satellite. Looks like it was born in Dec of 1970 in St Louise. I've owned it for about 5 years now. It was originally a 318 car. When I got her there had been an attempt at a roadrunner clone job. I decided to go a different direction. I bought a 440 crate from year one, pulled out the old drive train and sold it. Then I decided to sand it down and give it a fresh paint job also before I put the engine in. The more paint I took off, the uglier it got. Both quarters needed to be replaced. I couldn't find them available until last year. I bought a set. In the mean time, the engine had been sold to finance a rebuild of my 06 GTO. So I found myself starting from scratch again. I dropped her to get the new quarters on which was supposed to be a two week stay. Nearly 8 months later I went back and got her, and found another place to get it done. The new quarters are on now. I decided with what I am interested in doing with her it would be best to do the 5.7 swap. I have the engine, trans, wiring harness, and ecu. The quarters are on and I've started the body work. I set a goal to do something every day, no matter how small, something needs to be done everyday. And so far it's worked. I have done a lot of body work, with a lot still left to do.

My goal for her is to make a drive-able car that I can take to the summer nationals, the hot rod power tour, or just cruising around. I'm looking for her to turn out pretty good, but not perfect. I'm doing the work myself, taking my time but making sure I get stuff done. I want it to be really good, but not perfect. At least not so perfect that I'm afraid to drive it. I don't think that will be an issue.

I have rebuilt engines, done some body work, and I make my living working on flight simulators so I'm well acquainted with computers, electronics, and wiring. I use any and all sources of information I can find and am looking forward to all this forum has to offer.

Thanks
Joe

It'll all be better once the swelling goes down... :icon_thumright:

71 Satellite 3.jpg

Pics to follow

From when i first picked her up to now.
71 Satellite 4.jpg71 Satellite 5.jpg71 Satellite 6.jpg71 Satellite 7.jpg71 Satellite 8.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

A couple of more.

71 Satellite 10.jpg71 Satellite 9.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

When I'm done she will be a Satellite, but a Satellite the way Joe wants it to be. That's my goal.

Great project, and welcome to the site! Keep us posted on your progress.

hi and welcome to the site ,and that's a nice Sat. to start with blue on blue ,I see your moving along pretty good keep us updated :headbang:

Welcome from Maine! Great project to do it your way! Good luck and keep us posted

Welcome and good luck.

welcome to the site keep us posted on your progress

welcome to FBBO, nice 71 Satty project

Welcome from Weatherford Texas, love the color combo on that car it will be a beauty when you are finished!

Hi Greg Ducato, you must be pretty close by. I'm between Azle and Weatherford off of 730.

welcome to the site ....

looking good, keep US updated on the progress =)

Auto Transport Service
Back