• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from WA State

Hello from central Illinois. Nice looking group of toys. Have fun, looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Hey brother, look like you’ve been the retired ranks for some time. Nice truck, looks like it was a great project. I use to live in Yakima but now n the sunny SW. Welcome aboard.

By any chance were you in 1st group when McGuire was the CSM?

Thank you all for the very warm welcome. It appears my 52 is popular :) I built that truck in 14 months start to finish (well finish is a relative term...). I recently added a FITECH EFI system to it. I have a build thread on it over at the HAMB site and there is a 2 Youtube videos (type 52 B3B Hemi and you should find it). I used the 727 out of my Cuda to put behind the 330. Its a neat truck for sure.

Gtxracer - I am over by Olympia. Is that a 67 GTX as your avatar? I once had a 67 Satellite 383 4spd that I absolutely loved and I have been lusting after another or a GTX for many years.
You are correct, it is in fact a '67 GTX that I bought in '69 from the original owner, after returning from Nam. Having owned it for 50 years, it has become like a family member. I know where Yelm is, on the way too Ocean Shores. We live in Lake Stevens up by Everett.
The GTX has run a best of 10.34 and I also have a '65 Dodge Coronet. Check out my garage in "Member Garages". There is also a much better pic in the race car thread, taken in Boise. Thanks for your interest.
Bob :moparsmiley:

Welcome from Ohio, thanks for your service also; NOW start up the build thread. We’re not getting any younger here,lol.

Hey brother, look like you’ve been the retired ranks for some time. Nice truck, looks like it was a great project. I use to live in Yakima but now n the sunny SW. Welcome aboard.

By any chance were you in 1st group when McGuire was the CSM?

Yeah I retired in 04; yes I was definitely there when Mad Max was the CSM. I got to spend some time with him personally and as it turned out I liked him. I was in Oki and our BN CSM had some issues, Max came over to visit while we were in the Kingdom and we ended up getting liquored up with him, Raker and the SOCOM CSM. About a month later he came to Oki and our acting TM SGT volunteered us to do PT with him. It was interesting to talk to him.

You are correct, it is in fact a '67 GTX that I bought in '69 from the original owner, after returning from Nam. Having owned it for 50 years, it has become like a family member. I know where Yelm is, on the way too Ocean Shores. We live in Lake Stevens up by Everett.
The GTX has run a best of 10.34 and I also have a '65 Dodge Coronet. Check out my garage in "Member Garages". There is also a much better pic in the race car thread, taken in Boise. Thanks for your interest.
Bob :moparsmiley:
Very cool, I will check out the pictures, I am afraid it will get me chasing a 67 again..

Oh, if I ever get up Everett way I would love to see the cars. You are always welcome to visit my stable as well.

Welcome from Ohio, thanks for your service also; NOW start up the build thread. We’re not getting any younger here,lol.

How I know that (about not getting any younger). I need to get this Cuda done first. I am doing the wiring now and since I decided to do all sorts of "neat" things (push to start, driving lights, manual fan and fuel pump switches, etc.) it is a bit of a pain but its coming along

Yeah I retired in 04; yes I was definitely there when Mad Max was the CSM. I got to spend some time with him personally and as it turned out I liked him. I was in Oki and our BN CSM had some issues, Max came over to visit while we were in the Kingdom and we ended up getting liquored up with him, Raker and the SOCOM CSM. About a month later he came to Oki and our acting TM SGT volunteered us to do PT with him. It was interesting to talk to him.

He was my CSM in Berlin. Back then the Tm guys had to spend some time with us legs to get their command time. He was definitely high speed, low drag. He was also a PT stud. We use to do Bn 10 mile runs and during the runhe would run around the formation carrying the Bn colors. He was really into the Iron Man competitions. Only time I spent time talking with him was when he came in early one morning. I was the SDNCO. Pretty interesting guy. Ran into him over the years at Ft Lewis

Welcome from Illinois - the armpit of America!
Thank you for your service to our country - and thank you to all of our other members that are veterans! I don't want to leave anyone out..

Welcome from North Carolina. Thank you for your service to our country.

thank-you-movie.png

Thanks all. Iv'e spend quite a bit of time in North Carolina; Ft Bragg and Greensboro, a lot of Mopars down that way.

No problem, it might be awhile before I start my build but rest assured when I do it will be documented here.

Hello and thank you for your service Sir!
I am quite fond of older Dodge trucks myself.

Auto Transport Service
Back