• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello! Just got my first muscle car...

Should I make a custom hood Ornament?

• The Death Bat

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Zeppelin

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Megadeth

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • No, Find an original.

Votes: 57 72.2%

• Total voters
sweet satellite! And welcome to the forum,I would go with the original hood ornament,and a keep everything as stock looking as possible and stuff an unmarked bored and stroked 440 magnum in that bastard! Then those ricer d-bags with there pissed off weed whacker engines wont know what hit em!!

welcome.I voted for zeppelin.but not because i'm a long-hiipie myself.:rolling:.i would still have an original on hand anyway.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

I'm going to go down there to Milwaukee with my dad this weekend, I told him I'd give him 600 for it if it checks out, he said we could take the oil pan off and take a look at it.

If I do get it, then sadly, the three on the tree has to go, I would love to keep it but the 3 bolt and 4 bolt pattern Bellhousings for my A903 are REALLY expensive, and I've seen a lot of 4 speeds for just about the same price.

I hope to find a original 318 Hood Ornament, but I'm making the Zep and Deathbat one's as well, I figure I might as well have a couple to choose from haha.

As for the 318 poly, if I do get the 440 that is, I plan on keeping it, restoring it slowly over time as I find the parts and then giving it to my dad for his 65-66-67 *not quite sure of the year* International Harvester Stepside pickup, It has no engine/trans and he hinted at wanting the 318 poly.

Sorry it's been a long time since I've posted anything about the car though! I haven't been able to do much to it yet, Still job hunting/graduating, But I have tore out the Headliner and carpeting.

Wow! $600 that's a deal if it works out. good luck with that. I had to go al the way to Ohio and back for my engine, it was a one day round trip. Hope your plans work out for your Satellite.

Just wanted to let everyone know I bought the engine for 600! It was a long drive *Seven hours total* but definitely worth it! It was very clean, I hand cranked it and it was very smooth, took the oil pan off and looked at the inside as well.

Now all I gotta do is find a four speed for cheap!

Hey there, I'm 17 and from Wisconsin.

It's a project car for me and my dad to do before I go off to college sometime late next year.
You probably can see how this is going to play out???

I just ordered these rims about two hours ago!
Oh sizes are 15's in the front and 16 1/2's in the back.
16 1/2s??? interesting.

If you go big block you have to change to a big block transmission and bellhousing, redo the exhaust hook ups which include different manifolds or go to headers.
If you want to drive the car anytime in the future you should either find a carb to fit it or at the very most with your car experience change the intake and carb to an aluminum intake and 600 Holley.

Nice project.Do yourself a favor and get rid of the poly.I would go with a LA engine or a wedge motor.

man, a good old CFH (pantera) logo would be pretty awesome, motorhead would be a close second...zeplin is a little too old school for me (I'm 23)... either way have fun with the build!!!!

my vote

FireLogoSlayer.gif

Love that 66 Plymouth!

I'll agree with a few here that if you want to drive it soon get it running with a 2BBL. Once the engine runs drive the car for a while and find out what works and what doesn't. You'll be glad you did.

I think with the older crowd here you'll get mostly Zepplin votes!!

You can always go with something like this below. If that doesn't say to the person looking in the rear view mirror "get the @#$% out of the fast lane; death mobile approaching rapidly" I don't know what does! :rolling:

kreator-hordes-of-chaos-cover.jpg

Hah! That was awesome lol.

Well I would put a two bbl on it if well... you can see from the pic :p

So yeah, Dad and I took the engine/transmission out today, was hard work but well worth the effort!

100_2785.jpg

100_2785.jpg

As far as carbs go ,it depends on what you are gonna do with the car...If it,s just street and cruiseing try edelbrock....If you want to get somwhere in a hurry go holley or demon...You got a painless harness from summit huh...There is nothing painless about painless!!!!Nice car!!!!

Petty blue 67 gtx

As far as carbs go ,it depends on what you are gonna do with the car...If it,s just street and cruiseing try edelbrock....If you want to get somwhere in a hurry go holley or demon...You got a painless harness from summit huh...There is nothing painless about painless!!!!Nice car!!!!

Petty blue 67 gtx

Well at this point it's just that I need a four speed, a new 4bbl carb *The 440 I bought has a 4bbl intake* and a front end rebuild kit.

But someday I'm gonna rebuild that 318 Poly, just too cool of an engine to throw away.

Oh yeah here's the 440 by the way guys.

100_2398.jpg

I think you need a new set of plugs :grin:

That and some new valve covers, Chrome is a no go for mopars, Valve cover wise that is!

Yeah after we got the engine out I took the transmission off of the 318 so I could get the 318 on the engine dolly and I looked at the bellhousing a bit closer and noticed that it was one with a 3 speed AND 4 speed bolt pattern, Also after talking to some local guys who have restored Mopars they said the bellhousing will fit the 440.

Now to find a A833!

I got a valve cover for the left side with for oil filler cap. The right one is abused and seriously dented up. If you want one or both PM me.

Hey guys, here is the bell housing, See it looks like it has the three speed AND four speed bolt pattern.

My question is, Is that what it is? a 3 speed and 4 speed bell?

100_2827.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back