• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello my fellow Mopar enthusiasts!

j.christian

Local time
11:53 PM
Reaction score
I am a long time Mopar guy. Previously I've had two 73 Dodge Chargers. My first one was crushed by an oak tree -many tears- it had a cammed 400 big block with an Offenhauser intake and a 750 double pumper on it it was a beast it ate many Mustangs and a few Corvettes I do miss that car. My second one was a beautiful 318 car that I went all the way to Nebraska to get slotted mags for it had it for quite some time but being a dad with kids I was unable to take it where I wanted to and foolishly sold it.

However as of this last week I just picked up a fairly clean 1965 Polaris four door. I thought it was safe to buy it fix it up and flip it and make a few bucks however my Mopar soul determined it's part of my family now I cannot sell it. So begins my Journey building this thing up to be a muscle car, yes yes I know it's about, can't say that I care The Styling of the mid-1960s has completely enthralled me. Then I mocked it up with a set of old school slotted mags with some beefy rubber and I fell in love. So here we are now I've ordered a new set of Cooper cobras all the way around they show up on Tuesday I've got the slotted mags I've talked to my neighbor who is a fabricator on how we can lift the rear end. Another Old Timer who I met off of Facebook Marketplace sold me a four barrel car for 20 bucks and also encouraged me to use quote unquote slap bars beneath the leaf springs. That being said I'm starting to dress the engine with what parts I can find to make it shiny and lovely and I will post pictures of the progress as we go. I look forward too deep diving into this forum and reading about all the great ideas you all have had and what you've done with your cars.
Pics attached are the before ( day I bought it, and the mock up with the wheels that won my heart to keep it at muscle it out. And a couple " glamor shots " of that 60s Era just yes styling.

20230927_214927.jpg

20230928_003315.jpg

20231001_181743.jpg

20231001_181801.jpg

Welcome from west of you by the water. Time to load up the homies and head to the drive in!

IMG_3554.jpeg

Welcome from NY.
You’re making the right choice :thumbsup:

Welcome to FBBO

Welcome from Alabama, great enthusiasm, make it yours.

Auto Transport Service
Back