• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello, new 1966 Dodge Charger owner

subforry

Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just before Christmas I bought my first Mopar, a 1966 Dodge Charger. Hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow, it's been an ordeal to get the shipped from WA to SoCal. I have always liked fastback bodies, and have looked at some AMC Marlins. Over 5 years ago I saw a 1966 Charger in a collection and was amazed at the interior design and details, specifically the full length console with the round courtesy lights and fold down rear seats all trimmed with chrome. Since then I have wanted one. Recently, I came very close to buying one but it fell through, the owner didn't really want to sell it. So I widened my search and found this car.
The pictures are from a year ago, I have not seen the car in person. It's originally a 360 car that now was a 440. Seems to have many factory options, AC, PW, clock. It was sold at a collector car auction about a year ago, the buyer defaulted on the loan and then it was picked up by a used car dealer in WA. Now I have it, well not yet, it's in transit.

I have been told one headlight doesn't roll over and I expect the instrument cluster will need restoration. Also I might want dual circuit brakes with front disc.

My mechanical expertise is 1960s Mercedes and has been recently broadened with a 1969 Buick Skylark. Amazing how well a Buick 350 runs on only 7 cylinders. So I am sure I will be looking to all of you for help with the Charger (and the Buick - any advice for installing and breaking in a flat tappet cam with hydraulic lifters?).

I am hoping the car has some history, I think it was originally sold in California, based on the back and yellow plate - STW 416. Please direct me any registries or sources for history on these cars.

Thanks,
Cole

qnNub7rJyxdmqmYoTAH9VDtgXus31Pkw_l.jpg

d6d7DDYIxx8A2tdSquyxUY0uGh6mIPDV_l.jpg

Nice, love the color!! Need some wheel well trim lol!!!

Would like to see some more pictures of it. Check for the certicard. look at the fender tag and see if it is GG1.
Looks very nice. Welcome.

Welcome from NY.
I think you meant it was originally a 361 car.

Welcome to FBBO. Nice looking Charger. That green sits nice on ‘er.

Welcome from the central coast. One of my Saturday car buddies picked up a 66 project, missing engine. Got a smoking deal on it.

Welcome from Alabama, I fully agree the 66 Charger interior is one of the best.

Nice.

Welcome from Missouri!!

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Very nice looking Charger.

Welcome excellent choice for a car. This is my 66 project. Any questions I will try to help

1A726E56-7472-4F44-9D07-AF4C7721439E.jpeg

Nice Charger, like the color

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Thanks all. It was delivered last night. It's rougher than I thought but that's fine. Today I wiped away most of the mold. There is a certicard pocket (look new) but no card - I think. I will have to find the fender tag.

20230117_202119.JPG

20230117_195017.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back