• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help a youngster with value of this Super Bee...

You're not that young, there's a few of us that have you beat (24). lol
If you are set on a six pack car or six barrel (as Plymouth calls it) I would definitely look for a numbers matching car. Otherwise you might as well look at bee's and roadrunners that originally had 383's and are now sporting 440/6 for half that price. The guys here are super knowledgeable and have the answer for just about anything you could ask. May I ask what you plan on doing with the car? Daily driver, shows, weekend cruiser, strip car?

Weekend driver for the most part...

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a top notch restoration, and they're asking to much in my opinion. I think you can do better if you shop around.

Why is it not a top notch restoration?

Yes, it is a little high. Make an offer. A nut and bolt rotisserie resto on my car would far exceed the asking price for this car. And I already own it. See it in person.

I know of people that put that much and more into there resto...and they never could get there money back if they wanted. Sure does look bad *** tho

Weekend driver for the most part...

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it not a top notch restoration?

The seller speaks of it being a nut and bolt restoration, I disagree. I realize the term restoration means different things to different people. But with that said, here are some things I noticed right away:
-The front of the radiator support is not blacked out, it would have been from the factory.
-The grille and pieces around the headlamps aren't finished properly.
-Whoever did the exhaust system didn't even bother to use a proper hanger for the driver side muffler. The welds aren't very good nor are they correct for a proper restoration, not to mention the hedders and mufflers they chose to use. And who paints their mufflers black?
-You'd think for the money the seller is asking they would have prepped and painted the driveshaft or at the very least cleaned it.
-Rusty hardware on the rear leaf springs, and other areas.
-LCA's and tie rods painted black.
-I didn't care for how they painted the underside of the car black and did so without first removing all surface rust and caked on dirt/oil.
-The backside of the radiator looks as though its in pretty rough condition.
-They could have at least installed spark plug boots (at the distributor cap) that looked somewhat correct.
-Poor paint coverage in the trunk area, plus it appears that they painted right over the trunk latch mechanism.

I could go on but this should give you a pretty good idea of what I meant when I said it's not a top notch restoration.
If you're happy with the car and the price, go for it. Hope it works out well for you.
-
-

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back