• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help camber issue

Gmoney

Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
I have a 69 roadrunner that drive maybe once a week to keep it fresh and running great. The problem I am having is all of sudden the front wheels have major positive camber in them. I check the alignment bolts to see if they were loose and moved they’re tight, the torsion bar bolts didn’t change. I also have tubular upper a arms so the threaded Heims can’t change. The prior week when I drove it everything was great, then a week later this occurred

I had that problem a couple of years ago. The upper control arm bushings were toast.

I have the tubular upper a arms, there’s no bushing just the heim joints I believe. I did find that the lower arm bushing on the drivers side was shot but the passenger side was alright but the camber is worse on the passenger side

My car is a '69 Coronet. I'm sorry, that's all I got. The lower control arm bushings on my car are shot, but the alignment still stays true.

Check the sleeve in the K frame. Bad lowers will lead to cracks at the welds.

I’ll check that out. Going to replace the lower bushings soon and while I have it apart I can check the sleeves on the uppers

Auto Transport Service
Back