1. Gmoney

Gmoney Member

Local Time:
    12:06 AM
    I have a 69 roadrunner that drive maybe once a week to keep it fresh and running great. The problem I am having is all of sudden the front wheels have major positive camber in them. I check the alignment bolts to see if they were loose and moved they’re tight, the torsion bar bolts didn’t change. I also have tubular upper a arms so the threaded Heims can’t change. The prior week when I drove it everything was great, then a week later this occurred

2. Aeronet

Aeronet Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:06 AM
    I had that problem a couple of years ago. The upper control arm bushings were toast.

3. Gmoney

Gmoney Member

Local Time:
    I have the tubular upper a arms, there’s no bushing just the heim joints I believe. I did find that the lower arm bushing on the drivers side was shot but the passenger side was alright but the camber is worse on the passenger side

4. Aeronet

Aeronet Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:06 AM
    My car is a '69 Coronet. I'm sorry, that's all I got. The lower control arm bushings on my car are shot, but the alignment still stays true.

5. Demonic

Demonic Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:06 AM
    Check the sleeve in the K frame. Bad lowers will lead to cracks at the welds.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Gmoney

Gmoney Member

Local Time:
      I’ll check that out. Going to replace the lower bushings soon and while I have it apart I can check the sleeves on the uppers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.