• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Carb Removal for Cleaning

Been a bit of radio silence here, but some updates. Hood reinstalled (separate issue lol). Removed carb and cleaned everything i could on the outside. After reinstalling, and brother in law and I adjusting idle a bit. Still getting pop on cold start, attached two video of driving(links below), on hitting gas, not flooring or anything, getting multiple pops now. Am I just dancing around doing the rebuild or anything else I should be looking into as well?

[/URL][/URL]

[/URL][/URL]

Thanks @MWbirdLOVER70 , same here. :)
Check your front accelerator pump gasket and see if it’s dry rotted. Before that with car cooled off for a looooooong time and cold, remove are cleaner (car shut off ) and see how the squirters spray with one manual opening of the throttle

Popping back through the carb is often a sign of a lean mixture - which on a cold start without a choke is what you have. I would see if there isn’t a choke kit available for it and install it, even with just a manual cable although an electric choke operator is probably available for it.

Auto Transport Service
Back