• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP: data plate decode 1970 Roadrunner

FASTEDDIE1960

Local time
2:54 AM
Reaction score
I have found most of my codes for the data plate on my 1970 Roadrunner but having trouble finding these last few.
L2X9
TX9

any help greatly appreciated. thanks

000_0955.JPG

000_0956.JPG

000_0955.JPG

Last edited:
Can you show the tag, you either have some wrong codes there. Or a Lynch road tag so we need to see where they are placed.
L2 X9 is I terir trim code for low level black vinyl bench seat

TX9 is for paint. One of three parts of the car depending on where on the tag it is located.

The O88 might be V88, stripe delete across the top of the trunk

088 could be the engine code, 1970 383, 335 hp. L2X9 is the interior code. Black vinyl bench seat. TX9 could be black upper door frame paint. If 688 is actually 668 then it could be the trans code, 1970 383-4 torqueflite

Can you show the tag, you either have some wrong codes there. Or a Lynch road tag so we need to see where they are placed.

TX9 is for paint. One of three parts of the car depending on where on the tag it is located.

thanks, yes it is a lynch road car here are photos of data plate..thanks again

000_0955.JPG

000_0956.JPG

The TX9 is black upper door paint.

Looks like M2X9, not L2X9? That is your interior code.

Just change the phrase could be, in post number 4 to is, and you are good to go. You also have a 3.23 standard axle with 11" drum brakes.

thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back