• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help - fender to door gap and alignment

those fenders were a train wreck, and doors were skinned...... they get a little filler.... lmao
Sure....good thing I am not the owner because with my past restoration they had to stay within the limits and the car was checked over for mills.....Part of the wonderful contract.....They adhered to it....

Sure....good thing I am not the owner because with my past restoration they had to stay within the limits and the car was checked over for mills.....Part of the wonderful contract.....They adhered to it....

I assume you had pretty nice stuff to begin with

I assume you had pretty nice stuff to begin with
No not completely.....Doors and fenders, and shell yes. Hood, quarters, trunk, No......

I have been around the block with shops.....If they want my business than we have a contract in the mix......I am not going to be stuck with a 20k plus mud bucket paint job......Looks nice out the door and then from 0-5 years with UV damage/elements looks different.

Really, the shop gave zero fuss.....They were stellar on everything except for the rims but thats another story.....He did get a bit nervous when I checked the 1/4's and hood but they met the demands of my contract....The paint job has a full warranty as well....

Years ago I had a car painted and a paint issue developed later.....The shop blamed sikkens.....So I had the Sikkens rep come over and the mils were through the roof......I got stuck paying for a redo....Never, ever again....

So are these AMD metal parts the same thickness as the OEM parts? Or are they thinner like the new panels bought for new cars nowdays? Ive never had to buy those resto parts . so Im just wondering.

Auto Transport Service
Back