• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identifying this clip?

Yeah, no tricks here! As I get this thing together, I'll figure it out or not! I'm looking
at all kinds of pictures from this site and maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks everyone!

Yeah, no tricks here! As I get this thing together, I'll figure it out or not! I'm looking
at all kinds of pictures from this site and maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks everyone!
I've been meaning to ask you...I noticed your screen name..are you related to Mr. Mxyzptlyk ?

Well, If you must know, No, I'm not a blood relative.
Years ago, (1979) I drove to California to visit my Brother and discovered this road that led to nowhere.
(I thought) And wondered why anyone would spend all of that money on an overpass in the middle of
nowhere! A few years later when signing up for my Microsoft account, I kept trying to come up with an
E-mail address that wasn't taken already. It came to me in a vision, albeit a little foggy! I remembered
Zyzzyx! Yes, that's it! So on that day history was made. (Or so I thought).
Zzyzx Rd..jpg

It looks familiar, but I cant place it. Damn it!! Brake line clip??

Looking at it again, maybe for the antenna cable where it runs behind the glovebox and clips to the dash frame?

Well, If you must know, No, I'm not a blood relative.
Years ago, (1979) I drove to California to visit my Brother and discovered this road that led to nowhere.
(I thought) And wondered why anyone would spend all of that money on an overpass in the middle of
nowhere! A few years later when signing up for my Microsoft account, I kept trying to come up with an
E-mail address that wasn't taken already. It came to me in a vision, albeit a little foggy! I remembered
Zyzzyx! Yes, that's it! So on that day history was made. (Or so I thought).View attachment 1223280
Interesting. I had to look it up. Turns out it was also a movie, which turned out to be the lowest grossing film in history. $30.

Yes, BLK 68 RT, I think you're right! The hump looks like it's big enough for the round antenna
coax cable. And the other side has hooks to clip and slide on a support bar. Thanks!

Could it be for door lock/handle linkage? Dang, I've messed with those clips and one of the things that comes to mind..

No, not any of the above. It's way bigger size-wise that a heater cable clip. I keep
looking at pictures, and working on other things. One of these days! Thanks!

Random thought,,, rt.side vent cable on non a/c car?

Non A.C. car. The clip is much bigger that the cable clips. I took a photo next to a nickel for scale. The
main "Finger" or hold down looks like it would hold an antenna cable? At least it's the correct radius for
one!

come on man...... no evidence of any screw.......it looks like the circled tabs slide onto something, and the little ******* lock it into place.... the question is what does it slide on to?..... there is only one, correct? you sure this is off of a Mopar? is this a trick question?

View attachment 1223061
It looks more and more like a weatherstripping clip of some sort? Those little “*******” look pointed. Like they used to be straight and then shoved through the rubber and folded over to hold the clip onto the weatherstrip.

I agree with 440 4sd. It looks like the clip that holds my hood release cable on my 66 Charger. Car is in storage so I can't ck. for sure or take a pic. As he said a possible odd part mixed in with yours???

No, only car or project. and it was in my parts boxes with all of my other parts. Mixing and
matching is not possible. 68 "X" didn't have a hood release cable. Oh well, we'll figure it out!
Thanks!

come on man...... no evidence of any screw.......it looks like the circled tabs slide onto something, and the little ******* lock it into place.... the question is what does it slide on to?..... there is only one, correct? you sure this is off of a Mopar? is this a trick question?

View attachment 1223061
Those 2 little hold downs are driving me crazy! Has to go under dash somewhere, looks like thin sheet steel for those little positioner fingers to attach to.

Auto Transport Service
Back