• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(Help) License Plate Lights 74 Charger

74ChargerIzzy

Local time
3:55 PM
Reaction score
Hi, I know this is gonna be a stupid question but know that I'm asking this in regards to my first car, a 74 Charger, which I got only just recently and have been accustoming myself to in my spare time.

I'm needing to replace the bulb in my license plate light, I've already got a replacement but I don't know how I'll go about doing this as it doesn't seem to be covered anywhere online that I've been able to find.

Anyone here wanna help me out? Where would I start and what steps will I need to follow?

Hi, I know this is gonna be a stupid question but know that I'm asking this in regards to my first car, a 74 Charger, which I got only just recently and have been accustoming myself to in my spare time.

I'm needing to replace the bulb in my license plate light, I've already got a replacement but I don't know how I'll go about doing this as it doesn't seem to be covered anywhere online that I've been able to find.

Anyone here wanna help me out? Where would I start and what steps will I need to follow?
It's above the license plate. There is 2 Philips head screws you need to remove. Me personally I would unscrew it with the 2 bolts on the outer edge and unplug the wire and do it out of the vehicle as it is probably rusted, you will end up stripping the Philips head screws... so 2 bolts and unplugging the wire makes it easy to work on out of the car. Looks like this..
s-l1600.jpg

Agree with above, remove it and work with it outside. I had rusted screws and one broke off... finally got it out yesterday... spray the heck out of it.

There is not other way that work it outside LOL. Bracket needs to be removed to get access to the license plate light lense and socket anyway.

Auto Transport Service
Back