• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

help mounting line lock on steering wheel

PeteyDaMan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:05 AM
Reaction score
Hey all,
Putting a line lock on my 71.
I'd like to mount the button on my steering wheel which is a stock 3 spoke.
I bought the small momentary button from Jegs and I'm trying to figure a way to mount it to the steering wheel for racing but be removable.

I'm going to use a 2 pin connector so it can be unplugged and stored when not needed.

Any mounting ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

button.jpg

I can try to remember to take pics of mine - in my wagon, I have a smaller button with wires that come out one side. I mounted it to my turn signal lever, and tape-wrapped the lever so the lines don't sag or hang.

This is my button, a Holley part:

1%2F0667%2F1555%2Fproducts%2F2483875_919289_grande.jpg

If you want it on the wheel, use your horn ring. Take the ground wire that runs to your horn relay from the column and use it instead for the line lock solenoids ground feed. Positive always powered at the solenoid. Hell put a single pole double throw switch somewhere and you can use the horn ring for both the line lock and the horn... obviously not at the same time, but "track" and "street".

If you want it on the wheel, use your horn ring. Take the ground wire that runs to your horn relay from the column and use it instead for the line lock solenoids ground feed. Positive always powered at the solenoid. Hell put a single pole double throw switch somewhere and you can use the horn ring for both the line lock and the horn... obviously not at the same time, but "track" and "street".
That's what I did on my Firebird. Had a switch under the dash that controlled either the horn or the line lock. Added a LED on the dash for the line lock to let me know the line lock is activated.

Careful those coiled line switches like to get pinched in between the column and the wheel… not the best for a real street car on the wheel went through a few that got chewed up…

You want a button similar to a push to talk button for aircraft communications. Has a built in Velcr....hook and loop strap.

Auto Transport Service
Back