• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help on determining if this girl is legitimate

Wow... 20% of marriages have resulted in people who met online? Gee, that means 80% of them met in person! Let me ask you "new school", would you rather do something that offers a 20% chance of success or an 80% chance? If I asked you to drive from Chicago to Jacksonville, would you rather drive a car with a 20% chance of making it or an 80% chance? I'm guessing you would take the 80% every time. :)

You're spot on about some guys being shy, and that's one part of the problem. The other part is these guys are looking for easy ways to overcome that shyness like getting hook-ups from friends, having their Mom set them up, or like that newfangled internet you keep raving about. :) Easy isn't better. It feels better, but it's not. Sure, you can use chat rooms and singles services, and there's a good chance you'll end up on a date with Richard C's boyfriend... err girlfriend... err itfriend.

You want real success, think old school. There's a reason why these basic principles have been around since forever... they work! All you got to do is do them! There's no better motivator for human beings to do something than when they have nothing to lose. This is the appeal of the internet. You can chat with someone and you've got nothing to lose from it. But, the exact same thing can be said for talking to women in social settings like fla 66 mentioned. This is even easier to do when you've got some shared interests like at church or car shows. You don't have to ask anyone out, just get comfortable talking and all that shyness crap falls away very quickly. Even better, as your confidence grows, your appeal to women grows with it. Believe me, I know this from personal experience.

When it comes to this internet dating thing, just remember the famous words of Groucho Marx: "I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." Yes, anyone can get involved in internet relationships, but that's the very problem with it. The only people who are involved in that process are people with issues the same, or worse, than yours. Who wants to be in that club? :) You meet a girl online by telling her you're too shy, she tells you how shy she is, you end up on a date where you both sit there like a couple of mannequins because you're still too afraid to say anything to a live person, and what do you accomplish? NOTHING! Take the hard, old school, road of working to get over your shyness and then any relationships you have with women will be better.

I think I'm gonna start callin you Dr. Phil cause you got answers for everything.

Wow... 20% of marriages have resulted in people who met online? Gee, that means 80% of them met in person! Let me ask you "new school", would you rather do something that offers a 20% chance of success or an 80% chance? If I asked you to drive from Chicago to Jacksonville, would you rather drive a car with a 20% chance of making it or an 80% chance? I'm guessing you would take the 80% every time. :)

You're spot on about some guys being shy, and that's one part of the problem. The other part is these guys are looking for easy ways to overcome that shyness like getting hook-ups from friends, having their Mom set them up, or like that newfangled internet you keep raving about. :) Easy isn't better. It feels better, but it's not. Sure, you can use chat rooms and singles services, and there's a good chance you'll end up on a date with Richard C's boyfriend... err girlfriend... err itfriend.

You want real success, think old school. There's a reason why these basic principles have been around since forever... they work! All you got to do is do them! There's no better motivator for human beings to do something than when they have nothing to lose. This is the appeal of the internet. You can chat with someone and you've got nothing to lose from it. But, the exact same thing can be said for talking to women in social settings like fla 66 mentioned. This is even easier to do when you've got some shared interests like at church or car shows. You don't have to ask anyone out, just get comfortable talking and all that shyness crap falls away very quickly. Even better, as your confidence grows, your appeal to women grows with it. Believe me, I know this from personal experience.

When it comes to this internet dating thing, just remember the famous words of Groucho Marx: "I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." Yes, anyone can get involved in internet relationships, but that's the very problem with it. The only people who are involved in that process are people with issues the same, or worse, than yours. Who wants to be in that club? :) You meet a girl online by telling her you're too shy, she tells you how shy she is, you end up on a date where you both sit there like a couple of mannequins because you're still too afraid to say anything to a live person, and what do you accomplish? NOTHING! Take the hard, old school, road of working to get over your shyness and then any relationships you have with women will be better.

Now, if only someone could answer the question "when we we ever see RWL car tires for 17 wheels?"

Lol you guys kill me. here's the way all us 'old school guys' can date online. You go to a free website, put in some of your interests and a photo. Do a 'search' for someone with your same interests and ask her out on a real old fashioned date. DONE. It doesnt have to be this long, drawn out 'internet relationship'. Save those for FBBO. :)

hell, what's the point of having a girlfriend if you cant sleep with her?

why the big rush? It's your dick and your bar of soap. You can wash it as long as you want to and the soap will never stab you in the back or bitch at you or take half your **** in a divorce.
lol

I think online dating is awesome. its just another ave. to seek out a new partner. my buddy does very well on online dating. goes out about 5 times a week and hooks up all the time. just put a good picture up and watch the vultures attack.

LMAO threads like this is why love this damn site so much...:upside down::3some::upside down:

there is some excellent advice in this thread. Just get out there and talk to girls and women period. the more you talk to the easier it will get, and the more you talk the more you will feel natural doing it. Just say anything that pops into your head at first, a line from a song, a movie, book, whatever just start talking to any female you see, whether she's good looking or not. just do it and you will find it easier and easier to talk to anyone.

true fact, i used to say this to any attractive girl that i saw sitting alone in a bar or other potential dating environment 'excuse me but i think you've got my chair' and never got shut down ... just respond to whatever they said afterward and talk to them about them, a good way to gain experience is asking them questions about their interests, music, movies, whatever, and if they ask you questions answer them.

women are people too

I got another one liner for you.......If your in a real noisy club, go up to the hottest chic in there and yell "do you want to dance?" If she gets all arrogant, shoots you down and gives you the talk to the hand, Just reply "No No No...you mis-understood, I said you look fat in those pants".

I got another one liner for you.......If your in a real noisy club, go up to the hottest chic in there and yell "do you want to dance?" If she gets all arrogant, shoots you down and gives you the talk to the hand, Just reply "No No No...you mis-understood, I said you look fat in those pants".

I just tried that one on my wife and somehow I received a 2 week ban from FBBO. :nono: :icon_lol:

I ended up meeting my wife at church (which I guess is as good a place as any to find a good girl), but my best friend used to meet all sorts of women through the Myspace website back when it was more popular than facebook and would go out on dates with a bunch of them. I never could understand how he could pull it off and most others couldn't?....I suspect it was mostly B.S. skills. My personal preference was to always use the face-to-face approach, but I've seen online media work well with many others too. Just be carefull.... I've seen a couple episodes of the show "Catfish" on MTV enough to realize that some of these people are not who they really say they are.

Go ahead & agree to meet her. Make sure you spend the entire day with her. When you part ways look closely for stubble on face.

When you meet with her, take a big whiff. If it smells like Old Spice, you must think twice.

You're gonna end up on the Jerry Springer Show sayin "but Jerry, I thought he was a girl".

I am a female that used a dating site (match.com) to feel out the dating world after getting home from Iraq. I was shy, and thats why I went that avenue but I met my husband in person and a week later we got married. We have been married for 6+ years and have 4 (soon 5) kids. I say if you are interested in her, meet her in person. I met a few guys before my husband, I knew after one meeting with each previous suitor they were not for me. With my husband and we both just knew it was right by the end of our first date.. The avatar is a picture of me, and I dont think I look bad, my husband isn't too bad himself. Use the online dating as a jump start but dont hang out there too long. Have some phone converstaions, and meet in person. If the person doesnt want to meet you move on quickly, they are fake.

I was 23 when we met and now am 29. He is even helping me to restore my 1966 Plymouth Belevedere II. She is my first car and a prized possession. Its now our little project.
Good luck,
Shawneen

Happens to gamers all the time! A guy at work left his wife for another guy who had a Female avatar. LoL

I am a female that used a dating site (match.com) to feel out the dating world after getting home from Iraq. I was shy, and thats why I went that avenue but I met my husband in person and a week later we got married. We have been married for 6+ years and have 4 (soon 5) kids. I say if you are interested in her, meet her in person. I met a few guys before my husband, I knew after one meeting with each previous suitor they were not for me. With my husband and we both just knew it was right by the end of our first date.. The avatar is a picture of me, and I dont think I look bad, my husband isn't too bad himself. Use the online dating as a jump start but dont hang out there too long. Have some phone converstaions, and meet in person. If the person doesnt want to meet you move on quickly, they are fake.

I was 23 when we met and now am 29. He is even helping me to restore my 1966 Plymouth Belevedere II. She is my first car and a prized possession. Its now our little project.
Good luck,
Shawneen

well said shawneen would be cool so see some pictures of your Belevedere

- - - Updated - - -

that's always an option too!

Auto Transport Service
Back