• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help!!!!!!!!! Please

74charger07ram

Local time
4:09 AM
Reaction score
I have a 74 Charger factory A/C three speed wiper car. That's all the options. The front bench seat, engine, and tranny are all long gone. I am changing the car from column shift to floor shift. I have bought the bucket seats from a 74 Charger. I have a floor shift console. I bought a steering column but I don't know what year car it came from (72,73,74). I want to add a Rally dash. Here is my problem. From what I understand I need a Rally dash from a 74, only because of the seatbelt dectect system on the 74. If I don't connect that system can I use a 72,73 Rally dash? Or is there other wiring issues? And what about the ignition switch? Will the Rally dash bolt right in? Thanks for the help.

Yes, 74 has the interlock system but there is more to it than just that.
I also believe there is a way around it.
Also there is difference in the wiring on the rallye to standard dash. Gauges instead of lights for one thing.
There are folks who have done it over at the third gen forum.
You may want to try posting over there. Or even DC.com.
http://wichargerguy.proboards.com/
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php

I'm working on a pic set for connecting a rallye cluster to a non-rallye harness.

I have a spare of everything, so I'm doing a dry run on the workbench.

Pics will be from behind and from the front.

So far, the wiper switch leads will need to be extended.
I'm planning on either making male/female stake on jumpers or finding a wiper plug on a bad or newer harness...

The round connector for the dash lights, and gauges will need broken out.
I'm trying to find bullet connectors or something that will fit in the hollow female pin connectors.

There's also going to be a need for more light connections on the rallye dash.
There's an underutilized three way bullet socket near the heater controls, but I don't think that will be enough.

This project will take a while, as it's not high on my priority list, and I only have about an hour a week for it.

I'm trying to do a "no cut" job on the factory harness. We'll see how that goes.

1971-1974 dodge charger forum is a good place for all that imfo I used to go on there quite a bit when I had my 72 charger

The is an interchange guide somewhere on allpar.com that's going to help with the differences and/or find a parts car that has everything. You will have a harness unique to only that car so an aftermarket 27 circut universal harness kit may be somewhere to start from

Auto Transport Service
Back