• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP!!!!!!!screwed by the screws!!!! 79 300

bbodybeater75

Local time
10:06 AM
Reaction score
:eusa_think:i have a 79 chrysler 300 with the 8-track option an was gonna have it rebuilt but, these radio bracket screws are like none ive ever seen its a female tri- pattern !!! :shruggy:go figure a theft proof 8-track, gotta love those old mopars!! any help with a tool or ideal to get the radio out without breaking the dash or radio would be greatly appreciated!!! :BangHead:

Take a dremel with a cutoff wheel and slot the screws. Use a flat blade screwdriver!

Kinda tight fit to get to some of those screws with
most Dremels. If you do the tool you only have to
customize it, not every screw? You can also look
online for the correct tool, try HarborFreight.com? :eusa_think:

Kinda tight fit to get to some of those screws with
most Dremels. If you do the tool you only have to
customize it, not every screw? You can also look
online for the correct tool, try HarborFreight.com? :eusa_think:

I have to say I am pretty impressed with your 79 magnum you have a lot of great options on it looks great must be a last to drive?

thank you all was trying to save the screws does that sound crazy or what ?
lol was just wondering??:)

I have the socket in 1/4 inch drive for anti-theft screws. These screws were used in the late 60s on gas cap trim rings on Chargers and on later model radios and cd players. I've got 55 of the screws NOS.

Auto Transport Service
Back