• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help! Stubborn glove box lock

Shaggyracer

Local time
10:07 AM
Reaction score
Hey y'all! I'm restoring the dash out of my 1974 Charger SE. I need to remove the locking mechagnism of my glove box for the glove box door to be powder coated. I tried disassembling the mechagnism but so far I haven't figured it out. I have the key and I've found a few how to videos but I haven't had any luck. Any ideas?

Hey y'all! I'm restoring the dash out of my 1974 Charger SE. I need to remove the locking mechagnism of my glove box for the glove box door to be powder coated. I tried disassembling the mechagnism but so far I haven't figured it out. I have the key and I've found a few how to videos but I haven't had any luck. Any ideas?
and ? any luck?

Isn’t the lock assembly screwed on from the backside of the door? Earlier cars are.

Thanks everyone! I got it apart. Turns out I was doing it right but my key was worn out so it made it more difficult.

Auto Transport Service
Back