• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Wanted

70BeepBeep

Local time
3:31 AM
Reaction score
Help wanted -

Hey guys I am looking for some help replacing my floor pan in my Bird.

Pay is zero, but I can provide damn good Bbq, some brews, and some very friendly dog greetings (She loves giving kisses and hugs to all visitors).

Hopefully to be completed prior to winter but dependent upon your help.

I have some tools to complete the job, but I am lacking a few so hopefully you will be awesome enough to provide.

Challenge: no power or lights and little work space in the garage (unless pushed outside and weather permitting).

Anyone willing to come to Spokane and give me a hand?

:lol:

DSCN0137 (1).JPG 20170322_113147.jpg

My extension cord wont reach from here....

If only you were about 3000 miles closer...

I'd do it for some MNT. DEW and good BBQ, but Ca. is a bit of s stretch for me.

That's a bit of a commute from Sonora Ca.

good luck, hope you can find some help :thumbsup:

I don't have too many garage buddies anymore,
not like the people that were around in my younger years,
it cost me a small fortune in Beer & Beef...LOL
They all live down in the cesspool SF bay area or Sacramento valley
or have died off, it gets lonely sometimes, but I cope...

I miss those crazy night sometimes :poke:

My one neighbor Darren tries, I helped him restore his 68 CJ5,
he's not really knowledgeable, but gets dirty & he's a good extra hand
when I need it...

Leave the door open or car in the driveway, a few times,
real car guys, just seem to show up...:lol:

I'd do it for some MNT. DEW and good BBQ, but Ca. is a bit of s stretch for me.

Indeed! Perhaps I will have to buy a trailer and tow it from state to state to get as many members as possible to help me work on it.. Sort of a road trip garage restoration. LOL!

That's a bit of a commute from Sonora Ca.
real car guys, just seem to show up...:lol:

Did you ever hear of a Pony Express Racing Company out of Twaine Harte, CA? It used to build drag race motors for alot of the old mopars there in Sonora...

Did you ever hear of a Pony Express Racing Company out of Twaine Harte, CA?
It used to build drag race motors for alot of the old mopars there in Sonora...

No I haven't !!
when was that ?
my Dad's been here since 1979,
I've lived here since 2007 & visited here
& vacationed up here since the 1960's...

-----------------------------------------------------
Possibly, maybe ??????
Maybe it's something to do with Richard Nedball,
He was the org. owner of MoparWest {it was down in Bay area
& now also owns FASTMANefi
he's also a member here @fastmanefi ,
also an expert on Hemi's, wrote a book
Maybe he may have something to do with it,
I don't know him very well, just met him once...
I'm not sure what his race-team was called, cool guy...

No I haven't !!
when was that ?
my Dad's been here since 1979,
I've lived here since 2007 & visited here
& vacationed up here since the 60's..

Actually my dad owned it. He started it and ran it from '74-75 in Twaine Harte. I saw an article once that was published in the local paper about it.

I would love to find his old RR. I am digging around for pictures. I know I have them.

Actually my dad owned it. He started it and ran it from '74-75 in Twaine Harte. I saw an article once that was published in the local paper about it.

I would love to find his old RR. I am digging around for pictures. I know I have them.
That'd be cool,
Hell yeah, I'd like to see it & hear more...
Always cool to hear about those things...

I Google searched it couldn't find anything

My dad isn't much help he's not really a car guy,
he's been coming up here since the 1940's {lived here since 1979}
I asked him if he heard of them, he said it wasn't familiar,
he lived above Twain Harte before I moved up here, in Mi Wuk area,
he lives with me now...

My family has owned property in Twain Harte area since the 40's too...
My Grandfather, did stuff for the construction outfits
on the Pinecrest/Strawberry dam,
came up & worked a lot during the construction
fell in love & bought several pieces of property
engineer for Shell Oil, developed a bunch of fuel, lubricants & stuff
for the construction equipment {IIRC in the 40's}

Perhaps I should add that I am a chef.. so the bbq will be delicious!

Anyone? :rofl:

On the Trifive forum, two retirees came and stayed a week with a man that was disabled and his adult daughter who were putting together a 55' hardtop. He fed these guys and put them up. The floors looked great and they became friends. A couple of years later he sold that car and bought another. Some of the members got mad about getting free labor then selling the car. They just didn't look at the real value of the gesture. One, they gained a friend, two, they willingly gave of themselves which to me makes them real friends. I sent him a 55' radiator for just the shipping. Hey, it made him happy and this whole deal gave him something to do other than sitting around with just his thoughts to keep him company. Good luck on finding help.

On the Trifive forum, two retirees came and stayed a week with a man that was disabled and his adult daughter who were putting together a 55' hardtop. He fed these guys and put them up. The floors looked great and they became friends. A couple of years later he sold that car and bought another. Some of the members got mad about getting free labor then selling the car. They just didn't look at the real value of the gesture. One, they gained a friend, two, they willingly gave of themselves which to me makes them real friends. I sent him a 55' radiator for just the shipping. Hey, it made him happy and this whole deal gave him something to do other than sitting around with just his thoughts to keep him company. Good luck on finding help.

I hear ya. I don't ever plan on selling this car. I have worked too damn hard to get it in the first place! Thanks for the well wishes and I welcome anyone's help and will be grateful indeed.

I would be willing to do the same for anyone wishing to come help also, but again, I am missing some of the tools needed to do the job..

Spend some time on Youtube to see how others have done the same on other makes of cars. You just might find an acceptable way of doing it yourself. I know I had to tool up for a couple of years before I could do a lot of the things that had to be done.

Good luck.

Spend some time on Youtube to see how others have done the same on other makes of cars. You just might find an acceptable way of doing it yourself. I know I had to tool up for a couple of years before I could do a lot of the things that had to be done.

Good luck.

Thanks kind of where I am at, that is, unless I do receive help. Currently taking on the smaller jobs that don't require the expensive tool sets.. I have torn down the engine and began there.. and will be making some body jigs this winter while at the school shop so in spring I can tackle the body work if not beforehand.

Thanks!

We have a members map somewhere on here that shows where the members are in each state...
I didn't know that! I will look around some more and see if I can find it.

And I appreciate the willingness to help despite not being closer! That is another reason I like being apart of this community. The amazing people and wealth of knowledge.

Help wanted -

Hey guys I am looking for some help replacing my floor pan in my Bird.

Pay is zero, but I can provide damn good Bbq, some brews, and some very friendly dog greetings (She loves giving kisses and hugs to all visitors).

Hopefully to be completed prior to winter but dependent upon your help.

I have some tools to complete the job, but I am lacking a few so hopefully you will be awesome enough to provide.

Challenge: no power or lights and little work space in the garage (unless pushed outside and weather permitting).

Anyone willing to come to Spokane and give me a hand?

:lol:

View attachment 506771 View attachment 506772
do you have the equipment? mig ? , you wanting a complete floor or replacing the 1/4 section of the floor? do you have the panel?

Auto Transport Service
Back